• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

arrow vanes

cat-man

I JUST HAD MY ARROWS ALL REVANED WITH BLAZERS, AND I'LL NEVER SHOOT ANYTHING ELSE AGAIN. I PICKED UP 3 TO 5 FPS AND THEY TIGHTENED MY ARROW GROUPS UP. I'M PUTTING ARROW ON TOP OF ARROW WITH EVERY SHOT. BEFORE WITH MY FEATHERS MY GROUPS WERE ABOUT 4" PATTERN. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BLAZER VANES.

I just got into Archery about 7 months ago and I have been playing around with all different types and sizes of vanes. I would say that so far, I like the 2 inch blazers the best. The blazers seem to hold up better under abuse of sliding thru targets and my WB arrow rest. I like the Quick Spins but to be honest, I thought they really slowed down my arrows at distance. I have no proof of this...other than my own observations.

Thanks for the replies guys, i just started shooting quik spins also but out in the 40 to 50 yard range the arrows seem to drop a bit more, but shoot tighter groups with them also. may have to try the blazers also, anymore info would be cool

I always shot 4 inch helical feathers. Just like feathers and the helical is awesome for fixed broadheads. I am a tinkerer so last week I picked up some 2" blazers and put together some arrows. I am very impressed so far even with broadheads. When fletching them I was able to do a real hard off-set and still make great fletch to shaft contact with carbon arrows. This offset may be a problem if you are shooting a wisker-bisket. Im shooting a fall away so no problems. Only shot out to 20 yards but can't shoot same spot groups without damaging arrows so I shoot at multiple small targets.(hint - golf tees stuck in a block type target work great for shooting at. Helps you really consentrait on a spot). Gonna start playing with longer yardages now just for 3-D, 99% of the deer I shoot are 8-15 yards...

I've switched arrows and vanes quite a few times and I always went back to feathers. Since buying and trying out Blazers, I have gone back to feathers BUT I am going to switch back to Blazers! I love them. It took me that final switch to figure out that so far blazers really work that well in all conditions.