• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Ice Tackle?

I would like to see a feathered treble on the bottom of a jigging spoon!

There are times when I am just hole hopping in a hurry to see if there are fish down there. I think the feathered trebble would be a great way to add color and attract.

Just an idea.

Drop-shotting through the ice is starting to become more popular.

Tie a ¼ or 3/8 (sometimes lighter/heavier) round sinker to the end of you line. Then about 6-18” up from the sinker, tie a hook (or your new-found lure) so the line. Attach a waxie or minnow to the hook.

This drop-shotting technique can be deadly on mud flats when trying to attract perch or walleyes. Pounding the weight on the bottom stirs up the bottom enough to get their attention. I could go on and on here….

This new lure might be designed to be tied above a weight and kinda stick out and away from the line. I’ve seen bass hooks that have this same principal.

Well Jeff hows about that Angel eye spoon I've wanted to see for awhile, you know that inbetween sized one I've been buggin' you to make for a few winters now!!! LOL!

fiskyknut

Oh a in between angel eye. I like how you think Fisky. I have often thought the same thing. The Angel Eye is so hugh especially for me since all I catch are little ones anyhow grin.gif. I would like something with the weight of the Angel Eye in a size just a little bigger than the Jr. For in higher current areas like rivers. The Jr. is great but in fast current you can't get it to the bottom.

Another idea would it be possible to come up with some rattling jigging spoons from Scenic in either the Glow Devil or Angel Eye. I suppose it would throw the action of the angel eye off with a rattle attached but it seems to me that if it makes noise lots of times it attracts fish that seemed to be the case more times than not for me this winter. Who knows if you had some kind of crazy action coming off the Angel Eye it might help trigger more bites possibly. Also if you made some Angel Eyes with droper lines attached already it would save me time on the ice.

I second iffywalleyes ideas, a rattle in a glow devil would add a lot to it, also the chain idea similar to those one spoons, forget who makes them now, but i think it is plinki or something like that. also have droppers of varying lengths on your glow devils. the feather treble hook would be nice, i have tied some of my own and they work really well for perch while hole hopping.

Quote:

also the chain idea similar to those one spoons, forget who makes them now, but i think it is plinki or something like that. also have droppers of varying lengths on your glow devils.

That would be the nils master hali that you are thinking of with the dropper chain.

Some type of a small, panfish sized jig, that fishes heavy, Lindy Fat Boy concept, but a slightly oversized hook would be nice.

Pre rigger dropper spoons also come in handy.

What about a really micro sized jigging spoon, sometimes even the smallest Swedish Pimples or Frostee spoons seem a big to large.