• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappie tom?

bgreen82

hey tom. i have some 2" paddletails. a lot of clear bodies with colors inside. do you rig these up with a jig or just a hook, and what areas do you fish. what times of the year are the most effective.

thanks, brian.

I've found the paddle tail work best with a 1/16 or 1/32 oz jighead. I prefer the collarless jigheads for the stud grubs and paddle tails. These work well under a small float, or cast and retrieve.

Here's one with a 1/32 collarless jighead

ty_crappie.jpg

Ditto with the collarless jig heads. You can order the jigheads on this site. You can fish paddletails spring, summer and fall. Anywhere the panfish are biting they will work. I use a float most of the time in deeper water. If fish are shallow I will cast them.

Collarless jigheads are the way to go on most plastics. You get a much more natural appeal and the action of the lure is less restricted.

Scenic Tackle makes an excellent collarless jighead for pitching plastics. Sizes range anywhere from a size 8 all the way to larger sizes for pitching 3-inch twister tails. The size 8 and 6 are my two preferred sizes, but the 4's come in handy on a lot of situations as well.

However, there are indeed times where a collared jighead is needed, but I probably use collarless jigheads about 75 percent of the time...

Tom has stepped back from FM. And is missed. Tom had a huge following here and hopefully will find the time to post in the future. His knowledge has helped countless readers here.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Tom is no longer with us.

I respect Tom a great deal and will miss him more than he knows but I did not promote him per his request and did not get back to him within his time frame. Things grew out of proportion and reality from there. That's as far as I want to get into it.

I consider him a friend, I will miss him and I certainly wish him the best.

Quote:

Tom is no longer with us.

I respect Tom a great deal and will miss him more than he knows but I did not promote him per his request and did not get back to him within his time frame. Things grew out of proportion and reality rapidly from there. That's as far as I want to get into it.

I consider him a friend, I will miss him and I certainly wish him the best.

Rick, I'm really glad you chimed in. I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but saying "stepped away" kind of leaves a strange taste.

Not bashing your post BDR, I realize it's not your place to explain anything.

At what point does fishing go from fun.....to hard feelings? Where ever that line is, I hope I never have to cross it.