• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Different bow question.

mattkimk

Last year, Christmas of 2004, I mentioned to my wife that I wanted to start bowhunting. Thought it would be a bigger challenge than rifle hunting. Well for that christms she bought me a bow, a PSE deerhunter bow. Well I am wondering if I am justified in wanting to get a new (nicer) bow so soon afterward. The bow itself is comfortable and shoots pretty good I did get a Deer with it last year.

So what do you all think?

Justified? If I only purchased things when I was justified to do so I'd own a lot fewer things! Muskie lures, fishing rods, bow, arrow, camo, etc.- did I really NEED any of these things?

I'm with cliffy on this one- only you and your wife can figure out the answer to this one. One way to look at it is this- no matter how long you wait, you're wife will be annoyed that you sold the bow she got you for a "better" one. On the other hand, as cliffy pointed out, don't fix it if it ain't broken.

I have went through the same thing you are and with just about everything I hunt and fish with.If you have the extra money,go shopping,as long as the wife or girl friend doesnt mind.

I bought a new Mathews 4 years ago and im still taking the same amount of deer every year.My old P.S.E. bow shot many deer,my son started out with it also and has now also bought a new one.The old will kill just as good as the new.

Still,always nice to buy some new stuff.Then all you need to do is to convince the smarter half why you need all these new toys.I tried to explain to my better half why I needed 16 rods and reels.I dont think she understands.

Get a new one. Will she be able to tell the difference? Just hide or throw out any new packaging so she doesn't notice. If you got a new PSE, she'd really have trouble telling the difference between the new and old.