• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews or Bowtech

I am currently looking at 2 different bows and am about to make a purchase. I have never owned a bow before, but would like too. I am looking at a last years model, but new Bowtech Old Glory and a used but good condition Mathews Legacy. I haven't shot either yet, but was just wondering if anyone owns one or the other and has anything good or bad to say about either. Both are the same price also. Any info will be helpful. I am leaning towards the Bowtech because it is new.

thanks

JS

My son has a legacy and simply loves it. smile.gifDont be afraid to buy a used bow.Just make sure everything is good.That means deal with a honest shop.Just make sure the sting and cables are good.I would probably want to shoot the used bow first.

A good used bow that is well taken care of,should last you as long as any new bow.I have shot new bows for 10 years and the bow is still like new.

That is a tough choice to say the least. I was in your shoes about 3-5 months ago...new to archery and having a lot of questions.

From what I can tell, the Legacy has a history of being a good, dependable bow...don’t think you could go wrong. I just shot the Old Glory a few days ago and also found it to be a awesome bow....I don’t think you could go wrong either way.

There are two web-sites you could visit to gain further information. One is the Matthews web site...just do a google search and you should find it pretty easily. The other is hso_archery_forum (Contact US Regarding This Word).

I used both sites for gaining information before making my purchase. There seems to be a pretty big following for BowTech on the hso_archery_forum web site......obvisouly the Matthews site is 99 percent Matthews owners......like me grin.gif

Good luck in your purchase.

Cliffy.

I have had a Mathews and now I have a Bowtech. I like my bowtech way better but Mathews are very good bows. My advice would be is that if you can shoot them pick the one you are more comfortable with. I think you wouldn't go wrong with either one.

Thanks guys for all the help, i ended up with goin with the Bowtech, It is a bigger bow, but man did it shoot smooth, cant tell your even shooting an arrow, it is getting all rigged up, and i get it this week, i cant wait to get it and start shootin, Thanks!!

JS