• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

An Offer You Can't Refuse...

Dotch

As part of the kindred spirit among those of us who enjoy birds, thought I would toss this offer out to those who are looking for a different venue in which to photograph migrating waterfowl this spring. I have an albeit small CREP area that has a 3 acre restored prairie pothole included in it. Would be more than happy to share it with those interested in photographing waterfowl, shorebirds, pheasants, songbirds, etc. We are located about 25 miles SW of Owatonna. Spring can be a hectic season for me so I may or may not be around. All I would ask is that you let me know when you might be there and close the gate so the sheep don't get out. I don't generally post my e-mail but will just this once in case anyone is interested. Cheers! grin.gif

[email protected]

Let me know when you guys are going down there and I will bring the Moose Drool! That is the official beer of the Dotch barnyard ya know! ALso if ya want to photo some cute lil sheep this would be the time of the year to do that as well... OK so at the moment there would only be one of them but I am sure in the next couple weeks there will be more. let me know when you are going, I'll meet ya there! Or we could meet in Hooterville and car pool down there. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Would be honored to have you as guests. The class with which this group has conducted itself on the FM forums as well as the photographs are exemplary. Will keep you posted on the activity level on the pond as it comes to life again this spring. Thank you for volunteering to be refreshment chairman Jimbo. He also does excellent work in this department I might add. As he also points out, the next couple weeks in the lambing barn will probably be like a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest. Barring unforeseen events (never count your lambs before they hatch) there will be lambs running out our ears. Many a grandpa, grandma, mom, dad and the kids have visited over the years to feed the bottle lambs. Despite our best efforts, always seems to be a few of those. smirk.gif

Dotch, did you say I can bring the wheeler down and use the pond tongue.gif And then after cleanup, have a Drool with Jimbo smirk.gif

AS always, 1st class offers from you two 1st class guys. Should get some nice photos down there.

Quote:

if ya want to photo some cute lil sheep this would be the time of the year to do that as well... Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Don't forget the big Cheviot in those pics Jimbo, even though I'm sure he's not all that cute... grin.gif

Quote:

hey

We could have a good old MN DNR Forum reunion from the looks of it!
cool.gif

Wheres that Billc guy? JK

You must admit that having an unmoderated state sponsored forum to discuss such issues as ATVs and restocking Red Lake was fun while it lasted wink.gif

Quote:

Dotch, did you say I can bring the wheeler down and use the pond
tongue.gif
And then after cleanup, have a Drool with Jimbo
smirk.gif

Well Dave (if that's your real name) must warn you I suspect there have been some periscopes breaking through the ice down there this winter, so beware... wink.gif

Ice is nearly out after last night's rain, just a small shelf floating in the NW corner. This morning found the pond loaded with Canada geese, large groups of mallards and ringneck ducks. Took some time after morning chores to gaze at the new overnight guests, making me late for work. Fortunately I have a very understanding boss. Once she leaves for work, I'm in charge. wink.gif