• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad news for Bucky!!!

SJB

USCHO is reporting Bucky's goalie Elliot is going to be out for 3-4 weeks after one of his own teamates slid in to him and inturn into the goal post. Looks like a sprained ankle. Wisconsin's backup goalie is a freshmen who hasn't seen a minute of meaningful action. Possibly tough times ahead for the hated badgers.

well 3-4 weeks is kinda short of return for a sprained ankle but I guess all sprained ankle are different heal faster/longer. I sprained my ankle 2 weeks before christmas playing hockey and had a month off unitl our next practice and still cant really work hard on it but can skate.. So its been about 6 weeks since I sprained my ankle.. Well hope for a better return for Elliot but we need to get some points away from the Badgers anyways! Good Luck to them.

I guess my solid cheddar voodoo doll with the Badgers jersey finally paid off!! Not that I want to see someone get hurt seriously or anything but the Gophs need all the help they can get to catch the cheese people. They still have a strong team without Elliot.

Buzz

I saw the finals but, I didn't see any gophs hoisting trophies last year. Maybe I missed it.

Where's Bucky, same place the gophs were except a couple games earlier.

Lets not give me some rant about the gophs going back to back a couple years earlier either. That would pretty much be a case of "the pot calling the kettle black", as much as you rib on the cheese for doing it in football.

On Elliot, bummer deal but he should be back. They also have a pretty talented group and I expect them to be able to hold their own. Plus if they do very well with the rookie tender, when Elliot returns they will have a ton of confidence.

So turn down the Air Supply in your Beamer, and chant Go Bucky. I know you want to.

Darn Nolte, you've got good skills brotha! Remember, my wifey poo had me get rid of that for her SUV. frown.gif All I was saying is that Bucky was MISSING from the final four, and we all know making it that far is a big deal. You've gotta give some credit, don't be defensive it's all in good fun.

Quote:

Elliot will be back soon enough.

By everything I can find...Bucky is still #1, Funny, the little yellow mole is #3-6 depending on where you look.

Sorry peeps, I bleed cheddar.

If saying that makes you feel better about being swept AT HOME, then so be it.... just say so. blush.gifblush.gif

I'm also pretty certain that scoring ZERO goals one night and giving up only one has nothing to do with Elliot being out, more about a lack of scoring punch! Go ahead and correct me if any of what I just said makes no sense to you. tongue.gif

Oh and by the way, Bucky is NOT #1... they are #2 on the Insidecollegehockey.com HSOforum and the USCHO rankings (the one that matters) comes out later this afternoon. I'm thinking Boston College may just leapfrog dead RED.... and the Gophers are #4 on the Insidecollegehockey.com site. Should be a good series next weekend... you guys ought to be fired up coming off getting spanked, err I mean swept and Minnesota coming off a sweep against a top 7 ranked (last week) CC team and held them to a season low 19 shots on Friday night.

I don't know if anyone else has heard this but I guess the National Weather service had to put out a warning for the State of Wisconsin. Apparently some thin air and lots of pressure have moved in that could lead to choking!! Sounds serious. Just joking cheese lovers. I can't wait for the weekend series. I really hope that Denver doesn't pull a fast one and move ahead of both the Gophs and Wisconsin. That would be pretty hard to take!! blush.gif

Buzz

It wasn't too good of a showing for the Red this weekend. I'm guessing after the way they took it to CC they were a little overconfident, plus losing Elliot took the wind out of their sails a little bit.

It's a big tilt this weekend at the Kohl that is for sure. When I looked at the sched for the Red earlier in the year, I was hoping for a 500 split with their January series with CC, Den, and Minnie. They still got a good chance of getting it.

I'm hopin Eaves gets them back in line. I'm sure glad that I'm not at Badger practice today. It's better to have a break down now than in March. BC, with a streaking hot tender should get the nod for the tops this weekend. Weird.

I'm also laying low on the chirping about the Red, cause I seem to jinx them when I do. Buzz don't worry all my comments are just in razzin fun, but don't lie you were chanting Go Bucky weren't you.

I can't stop laughing! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Buzzsaw has WAY too much time on his hands. And out come the Badger faithful. Nolte, Joseph and the boys are worried. It's no fun as a fan when your team peaks at Christmas. No fun at all.

The badgers have come back to earth a little is what it boils down to. I just didn't see Denver doing it. I would have to rank the gophers as even right now with Bucky the Badger. Maybe even a little ahead of them. The gophers are rolling with defense, scoring, and a little bit of goaltending.

Should be some great hockey down the stretch. cool.gif

Nolte, your alright in my book! I like what you wrote, it was very sensible and I always appreciate that mixed in with a dab of contraversy to get the diehards out of bed. I'd also be happy with a split at Wisconsin this weekend, Minnesota needs to show up this time.

Red, my man you nailed it!! I am a trader, not a day trader but a poultry trader.

grin.giftongue.gif

Oh oh! The Wisconsin Hobey Baker wannabe is falling right on his face in crunch time! Brian Elliott gave up six goals last night to Minnesota State Purple bulls and made only 16 saves!! Nice save percentage for the HERO! blush.gif

I can't wait to see how the rest of the team performs from here on out, hopefully not as shamlessly as the Packers this year. DOH! blush.gif

It gets worse for BADger fans, super duper Elliot got the start again on Saturday night and was pulled after giving up 5 goals in 17 shots!! That noise you hear is him flushing his Hobey Baker award chances directly down the toilet. I guess that makes Minnesota the McNaughton cup winners as well/\.

Quote:

Elliot will be back soon enough.

By everything I can find...Bucky is still #1, Funny, the little yellow mole is #3-6 depending on where you look.

Sorry peeps, I bleed cheddar.

Where ya been? no insider insight from our Wisconsin affiliate? Maybe we need to get Saggisor to chime in on the Mankato state series eh?

oh where oh where have my Badger fans gone? oh where oh where have they been? grin.gif

Wisconsin should hope for a split this weekend against St Cloud. As bad as they are playing and St Cloud's goalie is hotter then a pistol right now, which is more then the Red from the other side of the river can say.

Quote:

Buzz

I saw the finals but, I didn't see any gophs hoisting trophies last year. Maybe I missed it.

Where's Bucky, same place the gophs were except a couple games earlier.

Lets not give me some rant about the gophs going back to back a couple years earlier either. That would pretty much be a case of "the pot calling the kettle black", as much as you rib on the cheese for doing it in football.

On Elliot, bummer deal but he should be back. They also have a pretty talented group and I expect them to be able to hold their own. Plus if they do very well with the rookie tender, when Elliot returns they will have a ton of confidence.

So turn down the Air Supply in your Beamer, and chant Go Bucky. I know you want to.

Oh yeah and 15 years is a LONG time! And still counting! Now go back to yer chevy and flip on Willie!tahee

[quote

Oh yeah and 15 years is a LONG time! And still counting! Now go back to yer chevy and flip on Willie!tahee

Is the Chevy and Wille comment supposed to be rippin on me, cause I couldn't tell. Actually I prefer Waylon. Anyways, 5=5 and please put up a post when the count gets to 22. Let's try to keep up with the times here too, huh.

Buzz, The pic looks like a dog not a gopher.

Other goph fans I'll save you the trouble. Gophs are the best team in the nation right now and on a roll. The Red are sucking it up, something fierce. So let's just hand out the NCAA trophies now cause the gophs already got the Mcnaughton.