• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Backyard action (pics enclosed)

buzzsaw

Alot of us have backyards, whats living and visiting your feeders and trees?

here are a few of my frequent feeders.

female cardinal str8 on.JPG

Junco in the wintertime.JPG

Blue Jay in my Oak tree.JPG

Cardinal at the feeder.JPG

Song sparrow wintertime.JPG

female cardinal in the snow.JPG

It was difficult to get the detail out of the eye of the Junco and Male Cardinal with the lack of sunlight.... ahhh sunlight where are you?

Mike,

These are great--You're really getting close to the birdies man. Good Job. I finally have the cardinals coming up on the deck here, but I am giving them more time to adjust, as it has taken two winters to get this pair to even come up top. They tend to feed lower to the ground, and it has been a struggle to get them up high. Good job.

You guys are kind! Complimenting others is a good sign of ones character.... I guess alot of people on this thread are good folks. Happy New Year! I'm off to lunch with the wifey poo and then down to Shakopee for some duck shots.

I come here for the pictures! Photo sharing and bird watching are the first two threads that I hit. I have yet to se a bad photo here! I concur, I also think that most of the folks that come here are good folks and if they are like me they GREATLY appreciate the pictures! Thanks to all who post them here... If I ever get a good one I will do the same! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Good stuff indeed. Also, on low-light days, don't be afraid to use the fill flash if your camera has one, or the big flash if you have one of those. As long as you're not photographing against a blaze white background like snow, it's worth trying to see if you like the effect. Really makes those shadowed dark areas around eye and head pop! And I'm not talking about overpowering the scene with flash — just a quiet little blink on the lowest flash setting can make a big difference. grin.gif