• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer

mntraveler

I am in the market for a utility trailer doubling as an ATV trailer. What I've been looking at are the 6' x 10' or 6'-10" x 10' models (so 2 wheelers could fit). So far I've come up with the Aluma, Triton, and Bear Track. There are features of each that are nice, but at this point the Bear Track is looking like the best value. If anyone has any negative experience or very postitive experience with any of these (or others not mentioned) trailers please let me know. Thanks for any help.

Bear Track!

Well, I say this only because I have one, my Dad has one, the neighbor has one,,,,, you get the idea.

If you are ever in the Evansville area, give them a call at the factory and ask for Greg. They sometimes have "seconds" in the yard that they sell for a discount.

Basically ones that may have gotten dented, ones with proto changes, etc.... They are GREAT!

Thanks BLB. While searching through all of the old posts I could find, that was about the opinion you gave a few years ago. I'm glad to hear it is still the same. I know people have had good luck with the Aluma but in order to save $300 to $400 I think the Bear Tracks looks like a solid unit. Again, thanks for the input.

I bought a 12 ft BEAR TRACK 4 years ago and have had not a problem with anything. When I talked to many people about the alum. trailers before I bought one, some told me that a few brands had problems with the alum. welds breaking. One suggestion if you buy alum is to take the bolts out of the folding ramp and put alot of anti-sieze on them as if you use it alot on the roads in the winter the road salt will get in there and the ramp will not work as free as it does otherwise.Takes 10 minutes and you will not have any problem with the bolts seizing to the alum.

I have a Triton 7' x 8', 2006 model. alum bidy with treated deck. also features tie downs on the inside of the rail- these actually can slide into any position along the rail. rides great behind my van, has the torsin axel. fits two King Quads cross wise. has a ramp that connect to back or either side. ramp rides under the deck and does not rattle while driving. Best trailer I have owned. 2nd one within 1 year. first stolen while locked to my van.