• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for a good shock coller for the money.

Shad rap

Just woundering on what every thinks about What shock coller is the best for the money spent. I have a brittany that is 6 months old and does a great job hunting. but 2 or 3 times a trip he will get on a hot sent and chase it 300 yards out and when he gets to the bird it flies. He wont respond to the whissel and I hate yelling when hunting in a group of 4 or 5 people. he also chases the hens across the field after he points them out and we flush it.then he comes back and looks at me with this dum look on his face as saying why didnt you shoot it. I dont mean to complain because he does a good job. he has had 30 birds shot over him this year. but this time of year the birds ar running more and I would like to be able to hold him back and find the birds that are holding tight instead of the birds that are running. does anyone have a collar that they would recamend?

I went with the collar my trainer recommended, the Dogtra 1100nc. This model has nick and constant stimulus, and I may be wrong, but I think the range is 1/2 mile. It seems to be very heavy duty and while I have only had it for about a year, I have never had a problem.

The other thing I really like is the variable level on the stimulus. The level ranges from 0-100. This allows me to adjust the stimulus to the dogs response. I start low, and if she does not respond, I increase the level gradually until she does. Then I leave it at that level until an increase is needed. I paid around $250 for this model at Fleet Farm.

-Hossienda

i have the tri troniks classic 70. i love it never had a problem with it has only one button but, can knick and constant from that button just depends on how long you hold it down. also has a tone button that i like. around 299.00 but, the new ones have a smaller transmitter which i wish mine had.

I have the DT systems SPT 7100. Nick and constant stimulation ranging from 0-50. All rechargeable batteries, with 1.3 mile range. Transmitter is also fully waterproof and has a battery disply letting you know when transmitter power is running low. Also has hard plastic carrying case. Bought it for $265.

I use Innotek- two collar transmitter with beeper for my brittany. However, I'd buy a different brand if given the opportunity. In a little over a year I have had to replace the transmitter and three collars. - all replacements have been under warranty to this point but the warranty is over now so I suspect I'll end up buying a reliable brand once the collar breaks again. If you have a brit I'd highly recommend you get a collar with a beeper.

I don't have a lot of expierence with training collars but I've been using the Sport Dog 1800 for the last couple months and so far it has worked great.

Sounds like you've got yourself a great dog, but remember your dog is still very young. Breaking a puppy off a hot scent is tough even with a collar.

Also, limiting your pups time in the corn, at least for the first couple years, will save you a few gray hairs.

Thanks to everyone that posted. I did go look at the dogtra and the tritronics. they are both pretty close in price.

The two I looked at where the dogtra 2002t&B with the beeper and the tritronics sport 65 BPR G2. both close to the same price and both you can control the beeper from the remote.

joe thanks for the reminders, I know I did not expect this much from the pup this year and I cant be more happy with or for him.

thanks

I've got the tri-tronics pro 100 and it has been good to me. A couple of charging issues but supported by the company. Brother-in-law has a new Dogtra (two dog version) that he really likes. I've had an Innotek invisible fence system and for my money I'd go with either the Tri-tronics or the Dogtra's on day one.

I just picked up a Tri-Tronics 60G2 and although I've only used it once so far, it seems to do the job. I was surprised at how quiet the beeper is and think it could be a bit louder as my goal is to command the dog by the beep rather than the stimulation. The main reason I chose this unit was that it has a seperate button for the beep, rather than having to turn the dial to Tone everytime I want to just beep the dog. Now I give a tone and then stimulation to correct behavior. Eventually a tone will be all that's required......if everything goes as planned. smile.gif

Ive got a Tri-Tronics SportBP65. Ive got a britt pup thats just under a year old and I thought he would need one so I bought this collar in march or april, after a few uses he doesnt need it any more. I have a case, instuc video, and charger. Collar is very nice, ive probably only had it on him maybe 15 times. It has 6 levels of continuous and momentary correction and a warning/reward tone button, and it comes with the beeper.

Thanks,

Chase