• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did you hear about the trade proposal?

The Donk

I heard yesterday on a certain KFAN show that A first round pick, Ben Gordon and a player to be named later was offered to MN for KG... not the greatest trade ever, but would free up an estimated 10 million a year cap room. What does anyone think?

As much as I hate the idea, it might be good. Besides Garnett will never win a championship with this team, and he deserves one more than any other player I can think of. He built the Wolves and I would like to see him remain a T-dog, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if something happened..

Barkley is and always will be a good sound bite. He speaks the truth (or what's on his mind) and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. I always try to listen to Sir Charles when I see he's going to be on a late show. If you don't take everything he says to heart he's a real funny guy. My wife even taped a Oprah show for me where Michael Jordan was her guest. Barkley showed up and made the show interesting.

As far as KG goes, I think he needs to stay. Worthless atheletes like Madson need to be sitting in the stands cheering for free. Not sitting on the bench making who knows how much money. Magic Johnson was on a show last night and talked about how the really good players made people around them better. Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, etc. made up part of a team that won championships. KG needs to step up and make his team better. He simply can't win a championship by himself. Look a Kobe right now, he's the best player in the league but can't step up and do what a Tim Duncan can, make your team a "team".

Sorry to go on and on but I am a Wolves fan grin.gif,

Corey Bechtold

If KG is traded there are a couple of player I think we should look at. Right now the bulls are our best partners with lots of young talent that they can expend. Mike Sweetney is a great young power player that can put up solid pts and boards every game. Also a Chris Duhon would provide help at the point for years to come and we could finally get rid of T-Hud plus a couple of first rounders would be nice.

Another player I would love to see the Wolves get is Boris Diaw. If you havent heard of him watch him play for the suns it is amazing. He is the total package as a player but very underrated. I would love to see the wolves trade Wally for Diaw since it would make our club much better. Diaw plays spectactular D and plays like a PG in a forwards body.

Don't feed into the hoopla over trading KG. Suddenly it's his fault that McHale is a poor GM. Garnett has to spin straw into gold with that supporting cast? Guys who win championships have second and third options, Garnett has none. Garnett makes players around him better, that's why he takes time after practice to work with rookies.

He makes guys around him better. How much better did Duncan have to make Parker and Ginobili, or Robinson for that matter? How much better did Jordan have to make Pippen and Grant? Did Larry make McHale and Walton better? What about Magic, did he make Worthy and Abdul-Jabbar better? And Shaq really made Kobe raise his game? Apparently being the most efficient player in the league for 3 years straight and leading the team in nearly all offensive and defensive categories isn't good enough. If you're Garnett's teammate and you can't feed off of that, get out of town. He generates so many open looks for other guys and provides so much help defense, the only way that other guys don't "get better" is that they have a limited skill set to begin with. Garnett has 5-6 years in his prime, let's see if they can ever put some players around him.

I don't see the comparison with Kobe, because we know that Kobe is a social pariah on his own team. He doesn't put up the all around stats Garnett does. Garnett is a special player who comes around once in a lifetime and I hope that the Minnesota front office can see that and put a winning team around him.

It would be the stupidest thing they could do to trade Garnett for cap room. As a Greg Broussard on ESPN.com put it, you open cap room to sign a guy like Garnett, and most teams that clear cap room never get a guy with even three-quarters the talent of KG, so why, if you're Minnesota, would you clear cap room to get someone who's not as good as Garnett?

Also, I don't get the dig on Madsen? They have no frontcourt players and everyone else was paying way too much for stiff centers this summer. We are paying him 2 million a year for five years (too much, yes, but would have someone else paid him more, probably). He plays about a quarter of the game, busts his butt, and brings the intangibles that few other NBA players bring. He's a good guy for the community to boot. He's a tiny part of the payroll. Would I rather have better players? Absolutely. But we could be way worse. Mark has a place on this team. He had a role on two Lakers championships. He's quick, energetic, runs the floor, is an active defender, and he's a good locker room guy. Maybe he lacks offensive skills, but we have plenty of scorers when he's on the floor.

Wow, I can't believe anyone would ever entertain the idea of trading KG. He has, by himself, built our franchise and brought us out of the pooh richardson and randy brewer era of basketball. My take on the team is...we need to find an athletic 6'6" two guard to play defense AND have the ability to create his own shot down the stretch. In close games, we have a difficult time getting KG the ball without 3 guys on him, and we end up with poor shots in the fourth quarter, which leads to a lot of loses in close games. For us to win we have to execute to perfection on offense which you can't do night after night.

On a side note, Madsen is a guy that could play for me anyday. Effort, defense, rebounding, and 6 fouls to use up!

Hudsen on the other hand could take the next train out of town, but that's just me.