• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Registration number???????

ricqik

My pops borrowed my atv to go bear hunting this weekend and when he came back he said the warden told him my atv should have a registraion number on it. My dad doesn't frequent english that well so I didn't quite understand what he's talking about. This is my 1st atv, just bought it 2 weeks ago. I already have a 4X7" plate with the sticker on it in the upper left hand corner of the rear. What's this reg number the warden is talking about? Is it like the number that my boat has?

Yes it is similar to your boat registration. When you applied for and recieved the sticker there should have been a registration number assigned to your ATV at that time. Look at your paperwork and you should be able to find it. There should be 2 letters followed by 3 numbers. Make sure to display it in the proper size on your plate. I think the letters and numbers must be at least 1 and 1/2 inches tall and at least 3/8ths inch thick minimum.

Mike, most people make the plates themself but most dealers sell plastic plate kits, which includes the numbers you can stick on. There is a minimum size the plate should be but no maximum size. That's why a lot of people make their own, I think.

I see the number, it's also on the sticker, it's actually 3 numbers than 2 letters. Thanks. I look it up and see what size exactly they want. The plate I just cut a peice of hard flexible plastic in 4X7" and put two hole in it and tied it to my rear rack. Did quite want o drill a brand bew atv yet.

most of the dealers also sell the plastic plates with the numbers etched into the plastic. they are pretty cheap, come in a number of colors, and dont have problems of numbers falling off when riding or washing like with the stick on numbers.

you can get the aluminum plates from gander and then get a sticker kit with a contrasting color for the numbers....personally i think it is a waste of money registering them like cars and sleds because you cannot drive them anywhere...

Who are you going to listen to? A game wasrden who enforces the law or another rider who doesn't know the law. If you use it on your own property for agricultural use I believe you don't need registration numbers on it. That is the way it use to be not sure today but I believe it is. Only problem with that is you are restricted to your property only.

you need that plate when i first got my wheeler i had it out on prior lake next to my ice shack and he knocked on the door and asked for the registration on it and told me to put a plate on it soon but he let me off cause it was a day old i just got it... YOU NEED IT unless you like fines

ATV's must have a license and registration number on them when operating anywhere except private property. On private property, your machine does not have to be registered... Public, it must be, no exceptions.

There are lots of people out there that are hobbiest(racing, etc) with ATV's and they own several, but they never leave private property unless on a trailer to some type of organized event(race, fair, etc).