• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well first off. Welcome to Fishing Minnesota, glad to have you here.

Anyways, there are so many lakes to choose from down in that area. And most will have opportunities for each species you mentioned. My suggestion would be to see where you will be staying while in the area, and then pick a lake or lakes close to that area to fish.

But my votes would go to, Spider Lake Chain, Lost Land and Teal, Round, LCO, Chip, Grindstone, Moose, Eau Claire Chain and the list goes on and on. Maybe once you figure the general area and a lake or lakes you want to try, let me know and we can get a bit more specific about the wheres and hows to each lake.

Also, once in the area. Stop at Pastikas bait/tackle shop and they can give you more information.

Namakagon is a beautiful lake but it does get a lot of boat traffic. The last time I fished it, was about three weeks ago for musky. The lake level was really down and it had an algae bloom going on.

For walleyes, they tend to run on the smaller size and can be caught almost everywhere in the lake. Alot of structure to fish... Rocks, weed edges, humps, and in the weeds. If you do fish this lake, look in the 15 to 20 foot range for 'eyes. And if the wind is blowing, check out some wind blown shorelines. The lake on the darker side, so with some wind, the eyes will push in shallow for an easy meal.

For musky, they can be found all over the lake also. I stick to the northern part of the lake for ski's. They will be in shallow and out deep.. And just like the 'eyes, they relate to weed edges, rock, and humps. And dont overlook trolling for these critters. Oh, and the average size of these fish is pretty good. A 50" minimum size limit really helps.

Overall, a great lake. But I tend to stay off of it during the weekends.

Thanks guys, with the above postings I have decided to move on to the Big Chip. I will be staying at the Log Haus Lodge. Can anyone help me general areas to target pike, walleye and muskie. I don't expect you to tell me your hot spots, but general areas would be much helpful. I have never fished the Chippewa Flowage, but it seems to be quite the fishery.

Thanks a bunch - Bob

The Chip is one lake I am not very familar with... But I know the guys at Pastikas will help you out... Also, get a good lake map to search out areas along with asking at your resort or other local bait shops.

Good luck and let us know how you did!!

My suggestion is to pick an area and work it well. The Big Chip has sooooo much good looking water it drives you crazy. confused.gif The biggest problem is that you then spend too much time moving instead of working an are well.

good luck.