• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer storage? - '95 Arctic ZR580 w/ EFI

Uncle Grump

Hi all

My son has the above mentioned sled - this is the type where the EFI needs a 12V battery. What do we need to do to this sled to get the gas out of the fuel system? The owners manual that came with the sled was for a carb'ed model.

Thanks

UG

i take it by your post you have no intrest in running fuel stabilizer until it circulates through the fuel system and then fogging the engine through the airbox till the motor dies?

then just remove the battery, top it off with distilled h2o fully charge it, then store it in a cool place.

don't sit the battery on the concrete.

draining all the gas will leave a small amount remaining, and when it dries up it will leave a hard residue that will have to be cleaned out before riding next winter to prevent a fuel circuit from being plugged and causing havoc.

unless u start it once a month.

if this isn't the route you want to go post a reply and i or one of the other great members will walk you through one of the other methods.

theres another summerizing thread that is full of great tips.

hope this helps

Leader

Thanks for the reply. I have no expericence w/ FI 2 strokes, all of the other sleds I've had have carbs. On those we did the Stabil/fogging oil routine, and then pulled the plug out from the under side of the carb to drain the gas out, etc.

My question was an attempt to find out if there was something extra to do?

Thanks

UG

I have a 98 Pantera 580 with the same situation-----EFI that needs the battery. How do you fog the engine? I can't figure out where to spray the fogging material. There are two rubber boots, but it seems impossible to remove them. Also, the manual says to remove the plugs, put some oil in, re-attache them to spark plug wires, and ground to the block before pulling it over-----or you'll damage the engine. How do you make certain they're grounded? I put SeaFoam in the tank and ran it for awhile. Is that OK?

I would add Seafoam and Stabil, I've used this combo for years. Run the engine and get the treated fuel running into the engine.

Cool the engine down for a little while.

With an EFI motor, pull the spark plugs, crank over the motor and spray fogging oil into the cylinders at the same time. I like to spray a good stream right into the cylinders hoping it will lube the bearings and crankcase, but not too much where the oil might pool into the bottom of the crankcase. Put the spark plugs back in and you are done.

This was mentioned already, but it can't stressed enough. Remove battery and slowly charge it with a 1 amp charger a couple times throughout the summer to keep it in top performance.

The only thing I'll add to this is run a half a jug of Arctic Cat fuel injector cleaner through each of your first two tanks of gas next winter and it will be good to go. I always change plugs after burning out that fogging oil too. New plugs are cheap and run great...