• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pintails pics

I was passing through South Dakota on Saturday and had to stop and take some duck pics. Every pothole was full ducks. Found a nice wetland complex and the sun popped just long enough to get some pics but the wind was was blowing 40+ mph....hard to handhold a telephoto but did manage a few. This one pothole was loaded with several hundred pintails...I wish they looked like this when they passed through here in the fall.

pin_6.jpg

pin_3.jpg

pin_4.jpg

Those pics are sweet!!! I can't wait till next month here in northern Minnesota when the waterfowl makes their push through. We don't see that many pins, but tons of mallards, canada geese, and assorted other waterfowl. Next month spend a day or two out at your local duck hunting spots and see what's around, I think you'll be impressed! Oh yeah, a good pair of binocs and a camera are handy to have too.

Brian

once again, great pics hobbydog...wish I had a good camera with a telephoto lens, as well as some knowledge in photography so I could do that too.

saturday we were south of Marshall and if we'd have had you along we could've had some great pics of just about every duck specie that ever enters MN...

SA/wdw