• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roids

First Ice-Mike

What do you guys think about what Jose Canseco is saying about the guys he knows were juiced?? Rafeal Palmero, Tejada, Pudge, Juan Gone, etc. I'm starting to lean towards believing what he is saying. If you look at some of these guys numbers it starts making sense. Rafy never hit more that 28 homeruns or something like that until Canseco went to the Rangers - all of a sudden he is hitting 40 a year - makes you stop and think........

FI

It's a tough call. Chances are it will never be fully know what the truth is. All I know is that I can't take much more of it. SportCenter, Dan Patrick Show, that's all they talk about. SUCKS. We need Dibble back on DP.

Don't kid yourself. All these guys are or were juicing. Baseball brought this on themselves. They wanted homeruns, scoring, big stats, etc. It was good for the game. When McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, etc. were all chasing homerun titles, everyone was interested. Baseball will now be changed forever. Unfortunatelly, we will never know. Their attorney's will never let them tell. It would be career suicide.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Right on, all these guys juice, some more than others. It was tolerated up until recently. I'm amazed some 'experts' still insist that roids have a minimal affect on baseball players. Remember Jose's brother Ozzie? Not many do. You think he was stickin needles in his (Contact US Regarding This Word) along with brother Jose? Why did Jose succeed and not Ozzie? Just a thought.

Lets just let the homerun numbers (or the lack of) be the telltale sign. I would not be surprised if they are down this year. And it would be interesting to see if some of these players are smaller physically, have more injuries, and take longer to recover. I would drug screen some of the more bulked up players of recent like the Tejada's,Sosa's or Boone's. This might ease some fan skepticism or prove all along what everyone has noticed. Screen them early, midseason, and the end.

I'm not saying all of what he says if false, but it's already been proven that a lot of what the guy wrote in his book never even happened.

For instance, the whole conversation with Brett Boone he claimed happened in 2001 after he hit a double in a spring training game against Boone, which never happened. Jose never even hit a double against them that spring, nor did he steal a base. The book is full of junk like that.

My favorite: Canseco talking about a bad at-bat he had in Game 6 of the 2000 World Series. There WASN'T A GAME SIX of the 2000 World Series! That cracks me up and I think shows how serious you can take his accusations.

Again, I'm sure roids are more rampant in the game than most of us ever realized, but I'm not going to believe a word this moron tells me about who he's seen doing it.

Just because they started testing doesn't mean that there aren't going to be some guys who continue to use them. Look at Track and Field. It has been well documented that many in track and field have been using for years and never got caught. Many of the better "chemists" know how to avoid coming up positive on the tests. Yes it may be true that some players will stop using out of fear that they will get caught but I'm willing to bet that some will continue to use for as long as the testing technology lags behind.

To me the bigger issue here is why Canseco would come out now and make these accusations. Obviously he did it for the money, because he is an (Contact US Regarding This Word) and probably spent all of his on roids, hookers, whatever. But the biggest thing that ticks me off is why bring up the past and bring down your friends and fellow players? Why be that guy that snitches and ticks off everyone around him? Money.

Pudge Rodriguez reports to camp 22lbs lighter!!! Can you say "Steroids". Check out his stats when Canseco was in Texas with him. His homerun totals doubled in the Canseco years. Of course you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Heck, if I was Pudge, I would give up baseball and make a weight loss video. He lost 22lbs. in about three months. Think that video would sell?

Flash

"Set the Hook"

You've got to wonder. Brady Anderson hit 50 homers that one year, I don't think he ever broke 40 again. He looked especially ripped that year. One year trying roids & decided it's not worth it or just a big year? Who knows? Certainly I don't think Maris was ever on roids & he had a huge year that he never came close to at any other point in his career. Some things we will never know for sure.

The reason Canseco made these accusations is fairly simple in my book. It's all about the Benjimens. Heck, yesterday on Sportscenter they said on his HSOforum you can buy his world series ring for a mesley 40 grand. He's a has-been that doesn't want to be out of the lime light. A book that stirs a pot keeps him in the lime light, and what timing he has.

However, whether he said it in a book or someone else said it, the whole roids thing has put a serious hurt on the game, and it's image. That's a shame. The Sosa/McGuire run for the homer record will forever be tainted, and soon forgotten.

i think that this whole incident really has tainted the game. Sure the fans got what they wanted, but now they found out the cost of it all. I guess that when Bonds broke the record i couldnt believe it. I mean the guy never really did squat for homeruns nothing ever close to 60 and after the guy is past his prime he puts up those kinds of numbers that she be a red flag right there. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but its really hard to do in this case.