• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Show

fishingbuddy

Ed, what size Glow CD where you useing? They didn`t have any glow that I could find or the big dogs either. I picked up 5 cetus SS500`s and the Revolution bag. Good to meet some of the guys FM and MJ5 your dads a trip.Ha Ha grin.gif

I was using a CD-5 glow and smearing on squished salted river shiners. I did not have any live bait handy on this trip. I have a few tubs leftover Salty's from Canada so I am using them up as a scent option. The Salted Shiners get soft fast and easily picked off a jig. They do make a good oily smear scent though.

I had a blast Saturday morning-mid afternoon. Spent a total of 3 hours there and took in as much as possible. Didn't really have a budget, but knew I had to buy a few things. I ended up buying some panfish, perch lures at yourbobbersdowninc, a grub box- looks like a giant pill grin.gif made by Lindy (came out this year), one of the LED lights from JRs tackle and a hat from em too (gotta look good when you take those fish pictures cool.gif ).

Away from the buying, talked to a few vendors just to ask opinions of possible future purchases. The next BEST thing that SHOULD be in everyones hands is the LakeMaster software that is or coming out. Boy did those guys put time in the field and do their homework. They have a product now that you can download certain lake maps, specific to MN, into your gps (ex. they had M'Lacs on the gps and I could see all the flats)! Coming out with a cd for the sole purpose of LOW!!! WOW.

Matt- nice to run into you, was hoping to chat a little bit with you as well. Hope you and your dad had a great time!

SO yeah, all my things I had on my list got checked marked and had a great day doing it!

Quote:

The next BEST thing that
SHOULD
be in everyones hands is the LakeMaster software that is or coming out. Boy did those guys put time in the field and do their homework. They have a product now that you can download certain lake maps, specific to MN, into your gps

Curious as to what this new software includes? All MN lakes? I know they, and other map companies, already have GPS maps of select popular lakes and saw a mention of this product in another post so I am wondering exactly what this is about.....

Thanks!

Got a chance to meet Walleye Dan at the show. Wish I could have had more time, but 4 yr. olds with diabetes and low blood sugar wait for no one.

Great meeting you, and my son thanks you for the sweatshirt. I gave you my card, and if there is anything we can do for each other, let me know....

See you in February.

irvingdog, just got home a couple hours ago. Did your little guy like the lemonade? That was some good stuff!! Thanks for stopping and introducing yourself, Butch and I had a great time watching and talking with the many people that came by. If the walleyes zero in on the baits like all the little kids did with our candy, it's going to be a good season. Overall, it was a great show. I listened to Mike at the Lowrance booth and I think he may have just changed my mind about LCD's on ice!! Irvingdog, you take care and tell your son to look up Barb Eigen next time he's at Park Nicollett!!

Walleyedan

Dan,

It was good seeing you again! Great shack you've got there, should be a blast this Winter!! I just got back from the folks place in Brainerd and thought about stopping in, but the lights were out. Shoot me an e-mail, we should get together next Fri. or Sat. for some ice dueling with the toothy ones below! I'll be in town again and plan on hitting some local haunts with ice!

LMITOUT - No problem, spent time talking to Lake Master rep. Actually the boss was there promoting their product, but didn't talk to them.

The product they have out has specific lakes they have put time into for the state of Minnesota. You might have to take a look at their HSOforum to get specific lake names. I think there was like 20 (just to be safe) lake maps (with contours) that you could download into a mapping GPS. Because of the size of the data, all but 1 lake could be uploaded to your GPS. Ex. That was with a Garmin map76. The newer units have more MB, so you probably wouldn't have that problem.

The lake detail was as if you were looking at one of their fold out maps- incredible detail! Instead of folding, unfolding a map- you now have the lake map in your gps and at your fingertips. I was looking at Mille Lacs and zoomed in all the way to Myr Myr flat! Incredible huh?

Also what was nice is that if you bought the product, each copy was licensed for 2 users. So normally when you buy software, it is not to be shared. The copyright on this product was legal to have 2 users to each licensed copy!

NOW that is technology at your fingertips!

Any of you guys know what the name of the guy (or place)that was on the left wall as you came down into the show looking into it? Maybe the 3rd or 4th spot down before you went into the other side. They had a drop down trailer with a canvas top, that the sides folded down and you could put your 4 wheeler on. Forgot to grab lit from them and need some ideas. Any help? Thanks