• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

redrilling holes

Finfinder

i had a permanent house last year and i also have a strike master and all i did was start slow and let it do the work and after it got in there a ways give it the berries. that should work. good luck and good fishing!

If you have a older Strikemaster without the point below the blades you will have problems. I cant remember the correct name for this piece at the time. (Power Point?) This was a problem on the older Strikemasters and they now have this piece to hold the ice better until ya get started. Call Strikemaster and they may be able to get ya a new auger assembly at a good price. Good luck and good fishing.

A shaver style blade system will not center well in an old partially frozen hole. They will catch and jump rather violently. I had a friend get cut clean through his boot while trying to open an old hole, it took 50 stitches to close the wound from his shaver auger.

You will see damage to the shaver blades very quickly from opening up old holes. Once the tips of the shaver blades are chipped they are all but shot and you will need new blades.

Shavers are fast when well maintained yet I use a Jiffy with a good centering point and chipper blades to eliminate this jumping problem. A system like the Jiffy Stealth is made to cut old holes with nearly the ease as a new hole. The 3 point blade design will not be damaged from opening old partially frozen holes. If you keep them sharp they cut through any type of ice.