• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jigging rods

frabillfisher

Don't be mistaken....BERKLEY makes 2 different types of lighting rods. 1 is their generic Lighting Rod and 1 is their signature series- Dave Genz Lighting Rods.

The first rod, the graphite isn't as good and they basically put those rods on all their combos.

The GENZ LR's are sold seperate from reels and they are made from top end materials.

You can't go wrong with one of those rods. For the money ($29.99), it's a good deal.

I have many of these rods and have held up over the years.

i just got the combo from frabill..amplifier series..may i give them a "your not worthy"..excellent pole..i got he medium series for bass and walleye..and its true..you can feel every little twitch..joe

The Frabils are a nice rod. The new JR's Tackle Rods are almost the exact thing but at a better price. You cant see the new rods at their HSOforum but if you go to the ice show they should have them there. Brian or Matt do you guys know?

I used the amplifier(lost all my equipment in a freek accident) at the end of last season, it was a good rod and I would buy another but I am useing the new st. croix lendend rods with the spring bobber in the end. I fished these rods the last two years before St. Croix started making them. I think they are The rod and worth the $50. price tag. I can`t believe that people will spend big money on electronics, shelters, augers, ect. and buy the cheapest rod they can find. I would rather buy one good rod than have a bucket full of $10 rods. Your ice rod is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle of catching fish through the ice and so many people skimp on there rod choice.

Yep, JR's rods are almost the same as a Genz Rod or St. Croix Premier. A lot of the same components and the actions are similar as well...

jrsrod.gif

JR's Ice Rods

JR's Tackle is also coming out with a new line of ice rods very shortly as well, I'm looking forward to these...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I got a Frabill Amplifier rod last year. Personally I like the rod, I would also buy one again. I got the med/light for crappies and the occasional walleye. The only thing that will stop me from getting one this year is I want to get a St.Croix rod and try one of them this year.

Between a St.Croix rod and reel that will cost me $50, so I will have my new ice rod for the season.

I'd take a look at Thorne Bros rods too. The speed and power of these rods will help you ice more fish. A walleye sweetheart and a panfish sweeetheart are two rods I never leave home without. I know they cost more but you can use them for 10 years or more and be using the best for 10 years. Give them a look.

Frabillman: I love the amplifier rod. I bought one last year and I feel that its the most senstive rod on the market. I could literally feel my minnow swim when fishing the LOW last year in 35 feet of water. If you are looking for a great jigging rod, then the amplifier is your rod!! Good Fishin'!!