• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Ford Ranger

gunflint

Question

7 answers to this question

I really like my Ranger when I had it. Only thing was I went threw a Tranny, door, councel, 3rd gear syncro and a few other minor things. I got rid of it shortly after my warranty was up. I have heard good things about the newer ones. Mine was a 1993. I had the 5 speed stick and if you live on a hilly area go automatic. If you dont drive in a city like Duluth I recomend the 5 speed stick.

Good luck with whatever ya choose. You should compare the Dodge Dakota.

Gunflint, I have bought 8 new rangers since my first one in 1991. The latest is a 2004 xlt extended cab, 4x4, 4 liter, 5 speed auto that I got 2 months ago. I like it a lot.

The previous one was a 2002 with all the same features that I traded in with 80K miles. I honestly didn't stick a single dollar into that truck except for tires, brakes, and oil changes. You'll have to trust me when I say I use/abuse a truck harder than anybody you know. It comes with the job.

As you can probably tell, I think they are the best vehicle for the dollar available. Especially if you are buying a 2004 now with all the factory incentives being offered.

I hope she'll like it. Polar Bear

Ok, 2nd try..Dont ya hate tying alot then it wont post!

I leased my 04 Ranger this Febuary. Wanted a full size, but could only afford the $250 payment vs a full size payment around $450.

Alot of downsides to the Ranger..

The sheetmetal is light, very light. My bed rails have a few dents already from simply leaning across them. Come on a truck shouldnt be this way.

Obviously it makes taking more than 1 passenger fishing a pain, even though its an ext cab there really is no room in that thing.

Seems like I gotta duck down at a stoplight to see, Im not that tall but dang.

It does tow my 16' Lund good, gets ok mileage, but overall I'm not that happy with it. Honestly that light sheetmetal really annoys me...

Owned a 95 Ranger, 4.0 litre. It went 230K miles and the auto tranny finally gave out.

Good trucks. The only reason I didn't buy another one is I was tired of it, and I didn't want to be driving the same truck for another 10 years!!!!

I had a 1993 Ranger Extended Cab 4x4. It was the STX package with 4.0liter/Auto. I absolutely loved that truck. It could definitely go through the snow out on the lake. My love of the truck ran out when the tranny quit working on me at about 120,000 miles.

I would have bought another one but wanted to upgrade to a full size for the towing capabilities of bigger pickups. I believe pulling 2 snowmobile behind the Ranger definitely did the tranny in.