• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

belle plain Area

On sunday I hunted several public hunting areas around the belle plain- Jordan area. Found some good looking spots but it looked like the entire south metro had walked through them. I hunted from 12 -3 and could only muster up one rooster. Adam

WW

Get yourself a PRIM map of the area. Check the DNR’s site for the map that would cover your area. They cost about $5.00, well worth it.

ATM,

If I’m not mistaken, I sat and chatted with you a bit about ice fishing at the FM get together at Glederado. Looks like it could be Christmas before we see any fishable ice.

I spent a day doing a little WMA hopping in that area late season last year and it was tough. Looked like they were hit pretty hard. I saw a few birds but they all flushed to far out.

Metrojoe, yep we did chat at glendarado. I hope its sooner than christmas but when it comes ill be ready. I plan to hit as many of the ice events this year like cool cats on ice up at horseshoe so i can meet more people from this site. If you want to hook up and do some fishing or hunting just leave a post or shoot me an e-mail [email protected]. Im heading to the benson area on thursday.

J rookie K good luck in SD i wish I could join you but i got this thing called work that weekend now.

Adam

I hunted the WMAs out past the golf course last Friday AM after the heavy freeze. Dog worked well, found 11 birds only 1 rooster out of the bunch though. Its tough out there as these areas get hit hard, I usually go out there once or twice a week only because its close and I have a young dog. Otherwise I hunt out by Storden and Jeffers if I really want birds.

Seems like a lot of people in Belle Plaine on here, maybe we should get a gathering together, even if it is just for a few beers in someones garage, maybe get the dogs together for a bit.

hey I just hunted all of the above on sat, it was 2 of us with one dog, saw 1 bird(Hen) all day, I was just looking to get out, I am going further west later this week.

They all looked like great areas, first time I had hunted any of them. Not sure how much pressure they get, but seem too large of an area for the 2 of us to cover

If you go out, post your results. Good Luck!

I live in Belle Plaine also and I hunt these WMA's every year with no success whatsoever. But I dont have a dog to hunt with so that is a big part of my problem. I only saw 2 roosters all last year. If anyone wants to get together some time and put together a massive drive on these areas it would at least be worth it for the excercise and the fun.

Dave

Hunting birds around Arlington area this year has been terrible this year.This spring I saw alot of adult birds along the road as I travel 150 miles of gravel a day. This fall I have seen next to no birds and talking with the farmers after combining corn they have told me they saw next to nothing.This is the worst I personally have seen it in the last 20 years. mad.gif

Are there any deer hunters that hunt the WMA's south of Belle Plaine?? It looks like they are inside of the 3B boundary. I have never been to this area so was wondering if I need to buy a blaze vest for my Golden Retreiver???

Thanks,

Muskieguy.....