• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

handmade ice rods

wolfboy630

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Thorne Brothers makes them or talk to Scoot in the Red River Forum. Rods by Engel are very well made.

I've been making my own ice fishing rods for quite some time... Its really not that hard and it really only takes a couple of hours... most of the time is waiting for the seal to dry... I'm tryingto think of someone in Lindstrom that makes them and cant think of anybody?

Best of luck...

P.S. IT truely is rewarding to finish a product that you made yourself and get to use it...its awesome!

Exudedude-

How do you make ur own ice fishing rods?.........that would be a really fun thing to do.....plus extremely cool to actually catch fish with something that you made. Can you give a beginner some advice and/or pointers on how to start making them?

IcEaHoLiC - I've been building rods for several years now and can help you out if you want to get started in making your own rods. I must warn you though, it's addictive. Send me an email at ejmccalla at yahoo.com and I'll help get you started.

I would suggest getting a book from the library.. thats how I got started. Then its just a mattter of buying the materials and going from there... If you want them to look awesome you can get as extravigant with your thread for the guides as you want.. or you can go simple and take as little time as you would like.. its really not hard to make a couple of very nice ice rods in a day!

WB,

They hold a class in Mora every year around Jan. There are two guys up there that teach the class for free you just order all your parts from them. I have done numerous ice rods a spinning rod and a baitcaster.

We stock all the parts necessary to build your own ice rod: Rod blanks, guides, handles, glues, thread, and how to books. If you are unsure as how to get started building rods give us a call. We can also build ice rods to your specifications if you prefer. For those of you near Bemidji we offer rod building classes each winter (as does Thorne Brothers for those of you near the cities).

Mark

Bluewater Bait & Sports

801 Washington Ave SE

Bemidji, MN 56601

218-444-BAIT (2248)

www.bluewater-bait.com

Mark-

Do you guys ship the supplies ro make them?!?! I would love to be able to go there and look around...but since i go to school in iowa i dont think ill be able to......so if you ship them plz let me kno!