• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Camping Forum

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We have added this new forum for you camping enthusiasts.

This forum is for all things camping.

enjoy.

This sounds like a fun forum. I live in my camper most of the summer. I love camping!!
Of course I have all the comforts of home. Our camper is getting a little old, but we have running water, stove, frig, microwave, tv, vcr and a bathroom. We are hoping to upgrade next year. We have a seasonal spot so we stay at the same camp ground all the time. We have been doing this for 4 years now. We have our own dock and boat lift so its real nice to beable to jump in the boat and go fishing with out all the hassel of unloading the boat. Its a small resort with lots of wonderful people. The fishing is good. After being there for this long we have gotten to know the Lake real well and seem to always find some thing to catch. If anyone is looking for any info on the camp grounds around the Waterville area let me know. I have a book right here with all the phone numbers.
<><Mary><>

Niiiiice! A place to discuss the "other" part of the trip!

We tent-camp and have the 2-3 person backpacker, and recently got a 2-room car-camping tent at a yard sale, but want to upgrade from that one soon.

Man, this joint will be great for State Park reviews, gear tips, campground reviews, and all kinds of cool stuff. I think I'll go put up a post right now!

Thanks Rick!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We can thank Jeff Keogh, it was his idea. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06-24-2003).]

Maryjl, I remember you from the Southern MN page. I live near New Prague, but am still a tent camper. We came (holding fingers 1/2" apart)this close to buying a tent trailer this year, but decided we still want to "rough-it" for a while. Plan on doing more State Parks this year, and this coming weekend, I'm going on a "Dad's & Kids only" camping weekend up to Two Harbors.

I would say thanks to Rick for this site in the first place. I thought this forum would be a neat idea, so I dropped Rick an e-mail. Within hours he had replied and the new forum was set. Hat's off to FM.com.

Jeff

MNice, That sounds like a fun trip for you and your kids. Our last family vaction before the kids all left home was a thrip all the way up to Grand Maria. We then came down and stayed at a different state park every day. We ended the trip with a chartered fishing day on Lake Superor. Lots of beautfull things to see up there.
<><Mary><>

Hello G'r'r'reat Outdooors!!!! smile.gif

As a youngster, my sisters and I practically grew up in a tent on the lake with our parents.

Now it's either a trip to the cabin, or the tow behind camper trailer.

Kinda miss sleeping on the ground though close to the dewy grass. smile.gif

Great forum!

uj