• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fur Prices

I sold a bunch of coon and I got any where from 8 dollars to 18 dollars on the carcass. Still am sitting on a few that are stretched and dried. Sold some mink averaged abot 15 bucks streched and dried. Still sitting on a bunch of rats the market is really poor on rats right now.

As far as fox and yotes I am still holding them to. Will sell them shortly. The markets are great on them. Good fox are selling for 35 dollars or more put up and yotes a little more or the same. Its kinda a wait and see deal. But I would advise selling as soon as possible. I hope to have all sold by January. Some buyers have contracts to fill on a certain animal and may pay more. Auction houses are a wait and see. Nothing is a given in the fur market. You dont know until you sell.

[This message has been edited by protrapper (edited 01-01-2004).]

Erik, are you still looking for beaver tails? i sold all mine so far to a bear hunter. But have a friend who has 100 he would give to me so he could get rid of them. Otherwise I was going to take them and sell them.

Hey Trapper, yep, I'm always looking for beaver tails. Your up near Grand Marais, right? Let me know when you want me to pick them up. I was thinking about going into the cabin for the Stream trout opener. The cabins near Esther. Thanks.

------------------
Erik

Depends where you are located.
The place I go is in Owatonna.
Called Cumberland fur trading. Northeast of Cabelas about 5 miles.
This is not a plug for them, So I hope I do not get in trouble for this.
Happy hunting.

I do alot of supply business with them. Excellent folks to deal with. Rusty is the one who does most of the fur buying, Jade and Jeremy do some to. I usally dont sell to them I feel there prices are to low for my furs.

I will start a new topic with fur buyers in wisconsin and Minnesota.

I can't make the Winni event tomorrow. I plan on selling some fur with a buddy. I'll let everyone know how the prices are. We got lots of different critters to pawn. Hope to make a bunch of c-notes.

Later,

Trapper

Sold some fur at the MN Trappers winter meeting saturday. I got 2 dollars a piece for my rats. 15 dollars a piece for my coon. 30 dollars a piece for my marten. 14 dollars a piece for my mink. I am still holding some other high priced furs yet to sell. But I had a real nice fur check in the end. Couple grand for these fall caught skins was pretty good. Though I could have done better on the rats, but they where pretty early fall skins.

I also sold some fur earlier. I got anywhere from 8 to 18 dollars on green and carcass coons. 12 dollars to 15 for mink. And sold a bunch of beaver for any where from 15 to 20 dollars a piece.

Hopefully I can get some big bucks for my winter beaver,otter,cats,and fisher.

Later,

Trapper

[This message has been edited by protrapper (edited 01-13-2004).]

Sold my furs in November to Runnigen. Got $2 for the rats, $10 for the mink(carcas), $20 for a fox, and $15 for a coyote. Didn't get to much for the coyote. Had big hole in it. Shot it with a slug deer hunting.

Is the price for rats expected to go up by next year? Wish the prices were the way they used to be. To many Animal rights activists or something.

[This message has been edited by 'eyesmaster89 (edited 01-14-2004).]

protrapper, I'm glad to hear you're doing well trapping! I don't trap myself, I do have a lot of respect and envy for folks like yourself who do however. Lots of very hard work from what I know of. I imagine that there's a great feeling of accomplishment and pride when you're trap lines produce. A little $$$$ is always nice too! smile.gif I enjoy reading your posts very much, they're a little nostalgic, I imagine lifestyles of the "old days". smile.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I finally got aroud to selling my furs today. 1.50 for the rats {green} 10.00 for the mink and 14.00 for the coon. These were early season furs. It is also the first time I didn't stretch my rats. I won't make that mistake again.

Overall I was ok with the prices. This year was all about introducing my five year old to this wonderful sport. He seemed very interested and can't wait till next year. That is all I realy hoped to accomplish.

tour pro.

Hey, how ya doing up there? Its great to hear from home. I'm posting under my sons post. But my name is Paul Kaiser, I'm from little falls and a toolmaker out in Colorado.
It great to hear about some trapping info. Its illegal to use footholds here, so had to shoot a few red fox this winter just to get the bug out. Anyways great to find this "trapping" message board.

Paul,

I'm originaly from Holdingford. We moved up here 10 years ago and love it. I don't reconize your name, I'll ask my wife in the morning. She is a hygenist at Falls Court and knows everyone. How long have you been away? I didn't realize that leg hold traps are illegal in Co. I hope it never comes to that here. What kind of trapping did you do when you lived here?

my sister is a LPN in Little Falls.
Get involved in one of the trapping associations.
I was a vice pres. for years. I trapped just about everything from northern Mn. to southern mn. I miss it.
I have been out here almost 10 years.

[This message has been edited by fishvince01 (edited 02-16-2004).]