• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Southren MN HOG

Labby

THAT IS A DEFINITE PIG WITHOUT A DOUBT!!

Congratulations from a veteran, fellow bowhunter since 1965(myself) to this very lucky, patient, "brother in bowhunting" bowhunter!!

MAN...how long are those brow tines?? Is it a 15 or 16 point? Pics are never the best.

This is just the reward which all of us bow-hunters are SO PROUD to see go to a fellow bowhunter. Possible WORLD RECORD? NO DOUBT!!

Thanks for sharing this magnificent animal with us!! It deserves the utmost respect & dignity it WILL receive!!

"Lund-Man"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative or anything or put down that tremendous animal or the hunter and his skill but this buck is not even close to a world record bow, rifle, or black powder kill. I think it could be scored in the the typical or non-typical catagory but will have a higher score in the non-typical catagory because of the deductions. I am not sure what the non-typical world record scored but I remember one taken in Michigan and one in Texas and I think they score around 225 and 240. Neither were world records. It is a magnificant animal though, it get a guys blood pumping for sure. That is a definate "buck fever" buck!

i agree jim. I contacted the pope and young club and they do have a velvet catagory but it is not recognized as the world record status. its the same deer with or without velvet. typically velvet scores will be 2% to 3% higher then hard antlered deer. in orde to become world status you have to beat the largest ever with or without velvet. Boone & Croockett does not recognize velvet and it must be removed for official scoring. none the less that is a fabulous trophy. and to be quite honest i am very jealous. keep the photos coming. and good luck to all hunters and fisherman out there.

I thought the only too classes of whitetail for rocord books were typical and non-typical. I am still trying to search the rules for a "velvet" rack and to see if there is a different class because it was in velvet. I too can only see it being a world record if there is a seperate "velvet" class. But either way, the original post said "pending" world record. From what I see from my search, any buck over a 155 score can be considered "pending" until the final paperwork is done wether or not it actually becomes a world record. nice buck --- No matter what the score is, it has to be a personal world record to the man who harvested it.

I just read an article where a potential #1 by bow last year finaly went into the books this spring as #2 and its net score was 206 7/8 typical

[This message has been edited by korn_fish (edited 09-22-2003).]

Are you referring to the Zaft buck that did not score as high as was originally anticipated? I think P&Y and B&C put way too much emphasis on perfect racks rather than the over all antler length and mass. I much prefer the Buckmaster scoring system because it gives credit to the bucks antlers as a whole rather than having deductions etc. Just my opinion.

I don't mean to start anything, but a friend told me today that he heard that this case was being looked at by the DNR for possible violations. He thought there was some question as to whether it was harvested within the city limits, which I think would be illegal. Has anyone heard anything to this effect? I hope this is nothing more than a rumor.

I heard that the time in which it was taken is what is in question. From what i understand it was taken on opener but that day it was cloudy and raining and the picture seems to say otherwise. Just what i have heard. The picture was removed from a different HSOforum but not sure what the reason was. Anyone else know??

Sorry to inform everyone, but that deer was taken legal and The DNR aren't looking into anything Illegal aboutit.
I sorry that everyone is so jelous about someone harvesting a big buck. All rumors have to fly when someone gets a great Deer like he arrowed.. Also the rack is being freezedried as I'm writing this so all the rumors are all false. All I can say is that he was after that buck for 3 years and the buck made a big mistake and got to close to one great hunter.

[This message has been edited by Fishing Bud (edited 10-01-2003).]

Fishing Bud-
I for one was not throwing accusations out there at all and I don't think anyone else was either in my opinion. Its pretty typical that the DNR "looks into" some of the big bucks taken, thats nothing new! I agree, it is a great deer and the skills of the hunter are to be applauded at the very least. Did they come up with an accurate green score yet? I would love to take a big buck in velvet, that is something very rare and very exceptional. Congratulate the hunter for me!

It will be interesting to hear the whole story about how and where this buck was taken. I imagine that much will be written about this buck after it is officially scored. It will be good to know that the buck was not shot where it is rumored to have been shot.

Any guesses as to where the picture of the buck was taken?

Fishing Bud-
I don't understand your taking offense to our inquiries like you did. We had some legitimate questions based on some rumors we heard. Anything wrong with that? You obviously know more about the story than we do, but can't you just share the facts with us in a big boy kinda way? I just don't understand where your hostility is coming from.

[This message has been edited by chuckee (edited 10-02-2003).]

I'm sorry the way I came across to everyone , but I know for a fact that it green scored at 216 and as of right now
it's getting freeze dried for 60 days and then it will have a final score and they perdict it to be around 211 for a final score
. I talked to Jeff down at Magnum sports down in Chatfield and the guy is a regular there. Again sorry if I came around and offended anyone. Again thanks and sorry Fishing Bud

[This message has been edited by Fishing Bud (edited 10-02-2003).]

Pope and Young requires that a rack must be dried at room temp and normal humidity for 60 days after harvest. Would "Freeze Drying" eliminate the rack from being entered?.

[This message has been edited by Bogsucker (edited 10-04-2003).]