• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Southren MN HOG

Labby

Oh, what a bad deal! I hate the rules P&Y have and I really feel they need to be changed. Why would you eliminate something that can make you a more efficient hunter. Be careful what bow you guys buy, if its not 65% let off or less, you are excluded from entering deer into the record books! Also, those fancy lighted sights (not the natural ones) will exclude you as well! I think it can still be entered into the Buckmaster scoring system however...I like their system much better anyway, it give credit where it is due!

jlm,

Rules are rules and have to be followed.

This is and will always be a trophy deer-kill as are ALL bow-kills. This one is just a 1 of 1,000 due to size. Do NOT allow anyone to be empowered by their negative directed ideas!

This man definitely HAS a MOST MAGNIFICENT animal he will forever be proud to be associated with, whatever the rumor!! grin.gif

Congrats to him!!

From a fellow bowhunter since 1965.

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

My bow is 80%, but can be switched to 65%. I have it set at 80%. If it can't go into P&Y who the heck cares. It's a great buck and one shouln't need notoriety from P&Y. I know a guy that has a couple big boys that he didn't even get scored. The person who shot it knows it's a trophy. Isn't that good enough?

I agree, I have not entered any of my animals in P&Y and never plan to. However, I stay within the rules of P&Y and B&C because you just never know what could happen. The state record deer or even the top 10 in the state could make you some serious money. If you get the world record you are talking about major cash....about 150K a year...that is what I heard anyway. Not that I am hunting for money or want to exploit hunting for money but if it ever did happen I would not complain about the extra cash. Sure would be nice to pay off some land!

Saw this posted on another site.

From this weeks Outdoor News November 28, 2003.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LARGEST VELVET BUCK. Jim Kostroski, of Rochester, arrowed this 17-point buck in Olmsted County on opening day of the 2003 archery season. Official scorer Dave Boland measured the antlers at 214 nontypical, making them the largest in-velvet antlers on record with the Pope and Young Club. The largest velvet buck prior to Kostroski's deer scored 196 3/8 and was taken in 2001 by Michael McFerrin in Texas. For perspective, the current world record nontypical archery buck, a Nebraska deer, scored 279 7/8. The current state record was killed in 1992 by Gary Martin in Todd County and scored 222 5/8.