• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2020 pheasant reports

Anybody go out today in this heat wave?
I debated all afternoon with the heat and left home at 445 drove an hour west and went north and stopped at first piece of public I could find with nobody on it 
Saw 8 roosters 2 hens on one walk
Only had a shot at 1 and missed badly.

Way way too hot today. Made the dog get in the water 4 times in our only walk and he still struggled. Won’t go out tomorrow as it’s going to be even warmer.

New puppy is progressing nicely though. I like what I see so far:

72B1712A-EEB2-416F-BD81-C8904A0563CA.jpeg

Edited by rundrave

Where’s all the pheasant reports? Thankfully the heat is gone and even better the snow is here! The birds this morning didn’t know what to do in this fresh snow. 

My 8 month old puppy is coming along nicely. 

8396C798-C13A-4EB4-8342-95AFBF7A3EAC.jpeg

Edited by rundrave

We got an afternoon walk in.  It was a December like walk with the amount of snow but at least with it being fairly fresh it was still pretty soft and quiet.  That’ll be over soon though with melt coming.

Found the birds grouped tight And jumpy like December too but managed to get a couple nice rudys.  Traverse county.

hunted in a t-shirt yesterday and did not enjoy it one bit. I had to stop and water my dog down on December 5th, what a weird year! Birds were hard to come by I think they were out scratching in the fields. Lots of hunters out yesterday I may have had better luck playing the license plate game than hunting.

Bring on the snow and cold please. Need to get these birds bunched back up and some frozen water to walk on.