• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your Bug Out Bag

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Great point Del, the distance you travel and where to can definitely affect what you bring. Gotta travel light no matter where to or how far.  Might even have something different for a "Get Home bag".

1. Using either bag, if you're going any distance, your feet are important. Spare pair of good socks should be included. Maybe triple antibiotic & bandages as well.

If your bugging out, it means your current location is not safe and travel is on foot usually. So what things would you bring with you no matter where you go or the distance?

Let's pretend it's an EMP or even if you can drive, you're going to run out of gas or become bogged down at some point and need the bug out bag...

What are you packing?

Here's my off the top of my head list in no particular order

1. Water - several bottles of water ready to go along with my water filter and probably some iodine tablets as well. 

2. A supply of medications both prescription and some standard over the counter stuff.

3. Medical kit.  A range of bandages from paper cut to major wound.  Method or cleaning and stitching major wounds.  Antibiotic ointment, disinfectant, etc.  Splints, wraps, slings, etc. This could be a very long list so I'll leave it at those basics for now.

4. Action plan with predetermined destinations and maps to those destinations. 

5. Food supply

6. small pocket sized camp stove with fuel.

7. Pot for cooking or boiling water

8. Matches/lighter/ferrell rod

9. Fixed blade knife and sharpener

10. Multitool 

11. Tarp of some sort of temporary shelter option

12. Seasonal gear - if its winter the gear list goes way up to deal with the cold. 

13. Phones and charged up power banks - hopefully there is still service.