• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check Engine Light

Yep, gas cap needs to be replaced.

I bought a used Blazer once days before a Deer opener. Never had a GM before that. I packed it up and went to fill it up. A few blocks from the station the check eng light goes off! ?

Buzzed over to a near by dealer and lucky to get in.  The tech writing up the work order once he found out I just got it said, let me check something. Open the gas fill cover and turned the cap a few times. He said it should be fine now! ☺️

Edited by leech~~

4 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Yep, gas cap needs to be replaced.

I bought a used Blazer once days before a Deer opener. Never had a GM before that. I packed it up and went to fill it up. A few blocks from the station the check eng light goes off! ?

Buzzed over to a near by dealer and lucky to get in.  The tech writing up the work order once he found out I just got it said, let me check something. Open the gas fill cover and turned the cap a few times. He said it should be fine now! ☺️

Thanks I thought it may the fuel cap, next time before I fill I'll crank the cap a few times and see what happens.

Drives me nuts even thought oil pressure and temp is fine. I may try it tomorrow I'm between 1/2 and 3/4 and all is fine.

1 minute ago, delcecchi said:

Could always stop by an auto parts store that offers free code reading for check engine light....O'Reilly is one that does, as I recall.    Also Advance Auto Parts...    Even a normal service place might.

Thanks  I'll do that. Stop at O'Reilly and see what they say.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:36 AM, Juneau4 said:

Put new fuel cap on and filled tank- no light came on, so problem seems to be solved, have to see if anything changes.

How's it so far? A buddy of mine got a Silverado who's experiencing the same. I came over last weekend to help him install the new rails, lund truck bed cover and rack for kayak mount and took it for a test drive/refill gas. CEL lit on for about a minute and turned off. He said it happened twice last month, it got a new cap last September.

Edited by GrahamD

49 minutes ago, GrahamD said:

How's it so far? A buddy of mine got a Silverado who's experiencing the same. I came over last weekend to help him install the new rails, lund truck bed cover and rack for kayak mount and took it for a test drive/refill gas. CEL lit on for about a minute and turned off. He said it happened twice last month, it got a new cap last September.

No problems with it, light has stayed off ever since I put a new fuel lid on.

I suppose in the next week it will show up again--then again maybe not.