• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elite Series Stop #1

bassfshin24

Looking forward to the first Elite series event on the St. Johns river. There should be some giant bags brought in. Last time the Elites were there in 2014 Chris Lane brought in a 37lbs bag. Probably going to be a lot of sight fishing. I still can't decide who I am going to pick. 

With the way this tournament and place fishes boat position on take off has to be key. I am amazed to see some of the guys at the bottom. I am sure some of the basstraks aren't working. I would really like to see Bill Lowen finally get a win. That dude deserves it. 

Yeah that was pretty awesome. I'm also a big Hackney fan so I was kind of pulling for him too. I would have had a really good fantasy lineup if not for bucket E. 

Hackney - 2nd

Faircloth - 32nd

Scroggins - 7th

Tharp - 12th

Lefebre - 96th---ouch

I don't follow tournaments very closely, but pretty dang cool to see Clunn win this one. Had a chance to meet him a few times at ICAST, and he was just a super nice, down to earth guy. At that time at least, the BASS guys all had the years they'd qualified for the Classic embroidered on their sleeves. Some guys had a couple row's worth of years, others a bit more. Clunn's went from his shoulder to his wrist. Kind of hard to take your eyes off it. Pretty neat to see him dedicate the win to Ken Cook too.

Amazing to see guys like Clunn and Elias still going through the rigors of the trail. I remember them in their early days when I was just starting to get bit by the bass bug. Shaw and Gary Klein as well. They deserve alot of credit.

Funny how last minute changes can kick you in the butt. Switched from Drew B. to Chad G. with hours to go. Thought experience would trump local knowledge this time. Guess not.    Big Hack fan as well.  Hoping he does good this next time ;).

I think Hack is going to feel right at home with the next tourney. I've never heard of the place the next Elite tourney is at but from what I have read it sounds like it's very similar to the Louisiana Delta area. Very swampy and a lot of backwaters. This should fit well with Hackneys style of fishing.