• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow sight

stckthrwr

I was hoping to buy a replacement pin for my sight, but when the company goes under, I don't have a lot of choices.  So last year I got a red dot sight, but where I hunted, there wasn't time to range a deer, change the sight and then shoot.  I need something faster.

So, now I am looking at a 4 pin or 5 pin sight.  I need some suggestions that don't break the bank.  I had liked the True Glo react, but I don't want to spend $150.  

I am just starting when I should have been all done.  I kept putting it off figuring I could just get a pin.  I have a yardage master pendulum type sight.  Apparently right after I bought mine though, they went under.

I don't have a brand loyalty on a sight, so I am open to pretty much all suggestions.  I love my sight now, but I am at a loss as to what to do.

Thank you

Nathan 

Lots of fixed pin options out there, but dang few really good ones for less than you're willing to spend.  This is not the part of my set up I'd like to save money. Look at the on-line auction houses for something used.

The Montana Black Gold sites are about as good as you can get for a fixed pin.  Good luck! 

I just bought a sword sight called "Apex 3rd Plane" simple and rock soild. The past two years, I had a micro bright and it was a ok.  For some reason, I could never tighten it all the way down, so it always had a little wiggle room 

Personally I use and have used the single pin sights for several years. I thought all pendulum sights are single pin too. 

I'm not sure where you hunt, but I can only think of a handful of times I felt I needed to range the deer and then adjust my sight. I keep it locked at 25-27yds and it will hit anything I need to out to 30yds. If the animal you are hunting is more than 30yds away and you don't have a tree or bush pre ranged, then you should have time. I have sat and ranged several animals at that distance without a problem. If those deer are moving too quickly for you to get your sight adjusted I would say they are probably moving too quickly for you to get a shot off in general. 

I switched away from multi-pin sights due to the clutter and I've never looked back. If you still want one, go for it. There are lots of good ones out there, but unfortulately they costs of things has shot way up. You will pay good money for a good sight. 

I run the Trophy Ridge React 5. I think I paid $115 on line. It is super easy to sight in. Sight in at 20 yards which is a fixed pin, and then sight in the 30 yard pin. Every other pin adjusts automatically. I just wish the pin size was smaller.  I have mine set 20-60 yards which works for me