• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ABS activating at low speeds

Removing the ABS sensors and cleaning mating surfaces will normally eliminate an intermittent problem. If the bearing is bad, you will likely have an accompanying noise and the problem is usually more consistent.

Removing the ABS sensors and cleaning mating surfaces will normally eliminate an intermittent problem. If the bearing is bad, you will likely have an accompanying noise and the problem is usually more consistent.

Unless the bearing is really sloppy. Then just replace the bearing and kill 3 chickens with one banana!

My wheels were out of alinement which was setting it off. They had to do a 4 wheel alinement. They said because the wheels were out of alinement one told the sensor it was going faster then the others? It did stop the issue.

My wheels were out of alinement which was setting it off. They had to do a 4 wheel alinement. They said because the wheels were out of alinement one told the sensor it was going faster then the others? It did stop the issue.

If it worked it worked, but that makes no sense to me.....

I don't know about you, but I haven't run into many hub and bearings that were sloppy and were not noisy.

Just had one on a Tahoe the other day. It was ready to fall off. The only noise it would make is the rotor would rub on the caliper bracket every once and a while around a turn. Otherwise it was dead silent.

Run into quite a few of them that get done DIY style that the axle nuts don't get torqued. They will be pretty sloppy and not make any noise also.

The only thing I can figure with the alignment is that the steering wheel was off to the right and the computer saw the steering wheel input and thought it was turning and saw the wheel speeds didn't jive with a cornering vehicle and the stability control kicked in but it doesn't seem likely although I suppose if one guy can think of another can make it happen....... smile

Had this issue with my 98 k1500 at about 180k. I put in two new bearings to kill the three birds smile Worked great.

Not really that hard but I had to buy a BIG socket and did torque them properly going back on.

I did have someone clean them for me earlier, like at 110ish when it first started happening just a little bit, but then it got ridiculous how often it was activating, and one side was starting to wobble and make noise.