• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter project antler mounting

Hoyt4

So I finally got some time after a few years of saying I will do it next year. I'm just getting started but hoping to have all done this winter. I following Hockeybc69 process of mounting the antlers using the batting for filler.

IMG_20141216_220706247_zpscfa969a8.jpg

IMG_20141216_220721489_zps3e9b3a70.jpg

First one after a few different attempts still working the process out and hope they look a little better as I go.

IMG_20141220_180858690_zps09be22ca.jpg

IMG_20141215_160207723_HDR_zpsc3d2d930.j

Here is the next batch I have started need some more plaques should have them made next week. Have my work cut out for me.

IMG_20141222_195522464_zps56bf902b.jpg

IMG_20141220_191420883_zps98d5d8bf.jpg

image001_zpsd3a01d2c.png

LOL

Forgot to add I have to get the Elk racks done too. Once I get better at this I will do those last hopefully they look good. Making bigger boards for that.

Don

I'm going to try and put 3 on on plaque like you shown that you have done.

That's pretty cool. My dad used to mount his own racks and it's definitely a time consuming task.

A few other things he did that were pretty neat were to use two of the legs to make a gun rack. Another was to use a leg to make a thermometer.