• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Shows-Solved

leechlake

I think most of us are in the same boat of being sick of most hunting shows. They talk and blather on and on promoting so many products it is sickening. When they aren't doing that they are all repeating the same words/lines as the next guy. Last night I accidentally stumbled on a solution.

Our home theatre has been acting up. The surround isn't working on many channels or it isn't working like it's supposed to. I turned on the outdoor channel last night and there was zero volume. I watched a guy hunt for a segment and could actually tolerate the show. He shot a buck and a doe, actually the doe first and it was moderately entertaining.

If you want to watch something that will bring tears to your eyes watch the Mighty White Hunter shoot the penned in male Lion and then another female Lion. It's all part of the Mighty White Hunter world now ya know.

Find last weeks 60-Minutes program if you're in the mood to be totally fed up with some of what goes on in the hunting world.

Made me want to puke.

I don't find any whitetail hunt shows and they are shows to help me become a better hunter whatsoever. Most are way over the top and have you ever heard other gunfire in the distance during filming, it's rare. I'm glad I only have 2 real trophy bucks on my wall and a few close to what my take on a trophy buck is, certainly appreciate them and how things had to go down to get them, if I was dusting 3-4 per year in multiple states idk, wouldn't do that if I could because the luster and pure thrill of our season would just fade away kinda. I do watch some waterfowl shows mainly because the ducks and geese aren't released from a pen to be hammered.

I've heard the corporate hunters don't always get to keep the animals they harvest. They're just the trigger person and whomever the production company is or whomever foots the bill for the "hunt" retains the animal. Maybe the lodge or ranch or whatever...

Just sayin' what I've heard but it totally makes sense to me.

Just caught part of AWA Whitetail Pros hunting championship. That was weird.

An elimination type deer hunting contest. All the guys hunted the same area with one day to scout and hunt two days to make the elimination cut. The last 4 guys compete the last day. Each hunter gets 4 shells per day; both bucks and does count with bonus points for shot placement.

Seem a little excessive?

Their shells are blanks and the digital scopes record the shots for scoring. NO deer are actually killed. So, there we have it - C&R tournament hunting. Hmmm...

Just caught part of AWA Whitetail Pros hunting championship. That was weird.

An elimination type deer hunting contest. All the guys hunted the same area with one day to scout and hunt two days to make the elimination cut. The last 4 guys compete the last day. Each hunter gets 4 shells per day; both bucks and does count with bonus points for shot placement.

Seem a little excessive?

Their shells are blanks and the digital scopes record the shots for scoring. NO deer are actually killed. So, there we have it - C&R tournament hunting. Hmmm...

That is actually Kind of cool I will have to check it out.