• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shooting Lanes/Trails

The way at least my mower works is there's a big disk under the gear box, probaby 16" diameter. Then there's two blades, one attached to each side of the disk by one bolt & they extend out to the edge of the deck. If they hit anything too hard, they can just pivot or fold back to the center.

MJ sent you a PM. Westinghouse has a new 2000 watt generator out that is in the $500 price range. My friend bought one this summer and he says it's comparable to the Honda. Although, I wouldn't say he's had it long enough to comment on the reliability of it yet.

MJ sent you a PM. Westinghouse has a new 2000 watt generator out that is in the $500 price range. My friend bought one this summer and he says it's comparable to the Honda. Although, I wouldn't say he's had it long enough to comment on the reliability of it yet.

full-1100-49208-generator.jpg

Harbor freight 499 then 20% off with one of the ubiquitous coupons. 2500 watt surge 2200 watts continuous. If you are buying Chinese for price, go all the way.

Just posted a question about timing on using as the season opener is fast approaching. I can see that blade chewing up the willows and things like that, does it also cut the grasses or do they just warp up or bend? Bending would probably be fine but would rather cut them.

Tripleplay...you may find that deer are very attracted to new activity, maybe not the trophy buck, but does especially. But when the bucks start looking for does, that might increase your chances.

I would certainly encourage some trail development and openings. Maybe try to perform your activity between the hours of 10am and 2pm to reduce your presence around highest deer movement. If they are bedded down somewhere, they may not be affected by your midday activity.

If you will have this lease for some time, I would recommend throwing down some clover and chicory later this fall as a dormant seeding that would come up in the spring. Create a clearing if your lease allows that so sunlight can reach in better. Spray Roundup now if you need to have any type of burn down on vegetation. I would also recommend broadcasting some Brassicas next spring as a frost seeding.

Long term, if you can do any thermal cover development (spruce trees), that would also assist in developing the property as an "attract and hold" versus a "travel through" property.

Put a few cameras out also as "before and after" to see how the deer respond to your work...that's always fun.

Land Dr

Just posted a question about timing on using as the season opener is fast approaching. I can see that blade chewing up the willows and things like that, does it also cut the grasses or do they just warp up or bend? Bending would probably be fine but would rather cut them.

I don't have a lot of grassy type vegetation where I've used it but what I've used it on it seems to not wrap. They make several different style blades for it. I use mine primarily in oak woods with lots of woody type brush.