• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Owner, Mustad, Etc...

sami0115

what is everyones opinion regarding worm/tube/fluke hooks... i have tried a few different ones and have really taking a liking to Owner... very strong shank and ultra sharp point... just curious...

------------------
YIPPPPEEEEEEEE

Gamakatsu 3/0 and 4/0 EWG hooks for Flukes and worms. Try the 4/0 EWG SuperLine hooks for flipping, they are stronger than the standard EWG hook. Last year I was starting to use 4/0 Mustad Tube Hook, the points on those hooks you cannot dull!

I'm going to ROCK the boat here a bit. I agree that Gammie makes a very good hook one of the sharpest on the market. However, the way that it is made you end up going threw more plastic than with some other hooks. I am deffinatly not one who should talk in that I get all my plastic free... But I get a lot more life out of my plastic when I use Mustad Ultra Point hooks. The bend of the ultra point holds plastic much better and you dont have to re-rid as often. This is just my opinion, take it how you like it.

For just about everything I echo the GAMMIE opinion but i just picked up a deal that Owner puts out - a hook with an adjustable weight on the shaft for swimming plastics down deep - has silicone sleeve that you can move weight forward or back on shank to alter the orientation of the bait - thought I would use it when swimming lizards.

Daze Off

I use a mustad and gammies about the same. It depends on the application I use the hook for. Flippin' plastics and using braided line I go with the Mustad Ultra point. When using carolina rig I go with the gammies. Both hooks are great. But I have had some problems with the gammies straightening on me.