• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a New Camp Stove

snagger

I just found out this weekend that my 50+ year old Coleman stove doesn't work. The fuel tank pump seems to not hold any pressure. I'm considering trying to order replacement parts through coleman. Has anyone had luck doing this? My other choice is to buy a new stove. I really like Coleman but i have heard that the newer versions are not as good as the old ones. Much more tinny. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

I just found out this weekend that my 50+ year old Coleman stove doesn't work. The fuel tank pump seems to not hold any pressure. I'm considering trying to order replacement parts through coleman. Has anyone had luck doing this? My other choice is to buy a new stove. I really like Coleman but i have heard that the newer versions are not as good as the old ones. Much more tinny. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

You are in St Paul. Probably any number of stores have classic green Coleman stoves in stock. Joe's on Dale, Fleet Farm (really nice one out 35W) heck, maybe even Walmart. Check them out.

Or, put new leathers and washers in the pump for the tank. I carry that stuff with me when I go camping with mine.

I know where to buy a new stove. I'm looking for more input on a good one. I know Cabela's carries Camp Chef but I don't know anything about them.

You asked if the new Coleman's were "tinny". Isn't the best way to tell to go to the store and look at one?

Fix the pump on the one you have, as I also suggested, is another possibility.

This is available on Amazon if you can't find it locally...

full-1100-48410-pump.jpg

Unless you are wanting to keep your old stove for nostalgic reasons my recommendation is propane. I still have my first Coleman white gas stove stored in the garage. I moved to propane years ago and I'm never going back. Not having to deal with the liquid gas is a real plus. I have the 3 burner Coleman which has done some heavy cooking duty over the years. The 3 burner is a $100 unit, but there is a lot of room on the cook surface which is real plus. My wife bought me a new one for my birthday in June and its the same stove. I didn't need it, but I decided to give the old one to my son.

Those rebuild kits are cheap and they do work.

I looked at those Camp Chef stoves a couple of years ago. The reviews weren't all that great.