• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tracker Pro Guide V-175 Combo

jdfisherman

I'm sure there's a few thousand boats manufactured correctly however iv personally see. Similar cracks along the "interior welds" like those you see in the photos and iv seen the keel split open right where the the windshield/console sits (where the bow and mid-ship areas meet. I'd probably avoid the risk. I think they are the least expensive hulls of any welded boat. (Minus the standard gear and compare other brands stripped of electronics and other bells)

What are the pros and cons of welded vs riveted?

In general, probably a matter of personal opinion.

Crestliners are welded and seem to work well, as are many of the river running jet boats.

Lunds and other boats are riveted as are airliners etc and they also work well. I think welding may be trickier to do right.

Have a 2012 Tracker Pro Guide V-175 Combo and love it!! Use it tons for fishing and do some pulling with it. No issues yet. love the room and the four stroke has been a God sent from my old 2 cycle Johnson days. Would not give up any of the memories of days past.

Nice to feel safe when running around the big lakes of the Voyageurs National Park or any lake for that matter.

Good luck on what every you find.

I have a 2012 16" Pro and would not buy if I had it to do over, The design is very poor, you can not see the gauges when sitting in the pilot seat, thought a hydraulic seat would fix the problem, not enough hight, a little higher consul would have fixed the problem.

Had a gas leak under the floor due to too short of a fuel line coming out of the gas tank, thought at first they were not going to warranty until I argued it was a defect as the hose was cut to short.

The steering try's to lock-up all the time, buy a boat with hydraulic steering.

When I checked the owners manual, I found out the 60 hp Merc is built in China, that would have been a deal buster by it self had I known. Check the 40 and 115 hp also for origin of manufacture.

Good luck,

Ron

You shouldn't base your purchase 100% on the few of us that did run trackers and didn't like them but I feel so strongly about avoiding the brand I'd kick myself for not sharing the experience.

The steering is dump. not "hydraulic", not "no-feedback". so when you let go of the wheel it turns with the prop torque.. on a 115 that garbage.

Seats that tear at the seams with little use

The most haggle from a warranty department iv ever seen. no haggle price comes with no REAL warranty.

Random leaks from through hull fittings (don't use plastic splash well eyes, and the dumb live well drain in a high stress bow area)

Cheapest decal set of any major brand and thin paint that flakes off the hull. (1 weekend of moderate wind at a resort killed it) other brands use better adhesives.. (i see why their HSOforum states upgraded paint process now)... those decals covered 70% of the hull sides and had many rips and tears..

Windshield weather stripping loosened up and almost lost the glass on the road

Replaces trailer tires after 1 season.

bunks rotted after 2 seasons

trailer swing tongue cracked at the weld from under tightened nut from the factory.

42lb thrust motor and group 24 battery was worthless on a 17'6" boat

tie downs frayed pretty quickly.

console was attached using self tapping hex screws that rusted and backed out over time.

Seriously, we had to upgrade trolling motor, battery, tires, bunks, and 2 of 4 seats within 3 seasons.

gripes about fitting leaks and a small list (lean) to the left while on plane. (dealer couldn't do anything for us other than the trim tab and motor hight) and the death spin steering wheel (never let anyone else drive it that wasn't familiar with it..)

anyway, thats my mistake and just my money..

I do believe for a "weekender" type family guy, something like this would work well. fish friday night, family out on saturday afternoon these boats will work great. BUT if you fish 4-5 times a week and leave the boat in the water for extended periods or trailer long distance please take our advice and buy something tougher or from a manufacture that has a factory help in your state!?

Trailering from TC MN to Lebanon MO for a fix isn't fun.