• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where to purchase dogwood?

We are looking to plant about 60 dogwood shrubs on our property, does anyone have any advice on where to get a good deal on them? We live by Willmar. Also how far should we space them? We are looking to make a snowfence with them. Thanks for any advice!

6 feet apart would provide ample coverage once they are moderately big, those babies can really grow in 3 years or so. I'm talking starting with normal nursery stock of about two feet tall though.

Typically counties offer pretty cheap bare-root trees through their water and soil conservation programs. Washington Co is $35 per 25 trees for the different species offered. Tree pickup is April 26th here.

When I lived in the country a few years ago, that is where I got all the tree's, evergreens and shrubs I needed over the years.

Price is right for sure.

Nurseries and private habitat companies offer shrubs and trees...give them a chance while also supporting tax paying businesses.

3ft spacing if you want a dense hedge row faster...the wider you go, the longer it will take to fill in. Just depends on what you are designing for and what your objectives are.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

We are looking to build a snow fence. As far as private habitat companies do you have any recommendations? I found a company in Michigan that will ship 100 shrubs 12-18" for $90 after shipping which sounds very cheap but very small shrubs to start with also.