• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Free Agent Thread

JP Z

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what they signed him for, Im guessing a pretty sizable chunk. Decent player, better than what we got here now. I guess for those that wanted to see Donald in purple, sorry. Next up LB, CB and S. Still hoping that we dont burn that top pick on a QB.

If we can land Gilbert or Mack in the draft this D is not looking so bad. Although with no real additions to the "O" we'll have to begin to enjoy the 7-6, 9-7, 6-3 score games.

Go away. You dont know jack about football. Stick to corn.

Ok.

How did the teams with the biggest FAs do last year?? More importantly how did the FAs do??

Revis, Mike Wallace, Jennings, Dannell Ellerbee, Paul Kruger, Jared Cook, Dashon Goldson, Danny Amendola, Tony Gonzalez.

I could go on and on. Teams that love free agency blow. Washington Redskins, Falcons, Dolphins, Browns. You can write ALL of those teams right out of contention for the Superbowl.

Teams that have some intelligence and build out of the draft have full trophy cases. NE (more during their SB years), GB, Pitt, Balt is doing good, NYG.

Would you like me to school you with more facts. You're probably just another Jared Allen jock sniffer.

full-40170-43271-a_4tsencqaarafm.jpg

"Teams that have some intelligence and build out of the draft have full trophy cases. NE (more during their SB years), GB, Pitt, Balt is doing good, NYG. "

Right because none of those teams have ever signed a free agent. Which means any team that signs even one free agent must suck. Now go find some corn to roll around in.

Right because none of those teams have ever signed a free agent. Which means any team that signs even one free agent must suck. Now go find some corn to roll around in.

They RESIGN their own free agents. They rarely go out on the free agent market to get other guys, and if they do it is usually great value. They know how to develop and pick their own players. They dont rely on all the other organizations to do it for them and then overpay washed up players.

Can you honestly tell me you would like to have a team run like the Redskins or Dolphins?? Trade away all draft picks for one guy, blow $100 million on a pie stain like Albert Haynseworth.

With your low intelligence I am reminded how we ended up with Obama.

Solid signing...probably our biggest hole on defense just got filled today.

I don't know anything about the guy but from all reports he's supposed to be a player on the rise and has had some solid seasons behind him.

The only way I'd put Toby in as a feature back would be if Lorenzo Neal was the FB. What are the Jags thinking, I know MJD is getting worn down rather quickly but RB wouldn't really be a thing I'd be looking for. QB and O-line would be good place to start, O-line especially if looking to draft a QB. No matter how bad it looks here at least we ain't the Jags.

The only way I'd put Toby in as a feature back would be if Lorenzo Neal was the FB. What are the Jags thinking, I know MJD is getting worn down rather quickly but RB wouldn't really be a thing I'd be looking for. QB and O-line would be good place to start, O-line especially if looking to draft a QB. No matter how bad it looks here at least we ain't the Jags.

They spent very little $$$ on Toby...he's good depth if nothing else.

I know Gus Bradley...I played college football with him. He's a good 'ol Minnesota boy who knows football...trust me. It may take a few years, but he'll get the Jags turned around.

That Seahawk defense that's in place right now...it's got Gus Bradley written all over it.

Funny how all the so-called "offensive" teams went out and spent BIG TIME on defense today.

Broncos and Saints are "all-in" to get their aging QB's another title...Pats are said to be in on the Revis hunt.

The next few years, as these QB's retire, will be a major change in the NFL power structure.

The Ponder pick really set us back a decade...once again.

Funny how nobody cares about RB's...

Resigning Peterson for a ridiculous amount of money while the rest of the league was building teams set up for the pass is what set this team back.

It's taken this long to finally unwind the mess they've made with their "run and stop the run" failed mentality and if they don't make the right moves now it could be another 15-25 years before this team can be taken seriously again.

It would have been nice to get Verner. He signed for a very reasonable contract.

While I don't think chasing after all the top free agents is a good idea, if they are young, and proven, I am for it.

While the Ponder pick I hated from the beginning, and we reached for a pick we could have gotten in the second round, it was our coaching staff that put us behind, by sticking with him, and the lame plays they drew up for him. Honestly, if Ponder had a decent game plan drawn for him, I think he could handle being a game manager. I don't think he can ever be more then that, and we shouldn't be content with that either. As a back up QB , I think he would work good.

He wouldn't be the first, first round pick to not succeed as a starter, then become a career backup. So sure, the pick was a waste , but if we keep him as a back up Qb, I couldn't go as far as set back 10 years because of him.

LMIT, I'm sure if Peterson was a free agent he would be signed for big money, which free agent RB out there is on Petersons level?

I don't think the Ponder pick set us back as much as the morons running the ship didn't realize after time and time again that he wasn't what we were hoping he'd be. I don't see how he could beat anyone out in practice, I highly doubt he was blowing Cassel out of the water yet we kept giving him chance after chance.

Like people say we were probably a playoff team last year if Cassel was the starter. Hopefully we find the future guy in the mid rounds this year, that would make up for it.

Like people say we were probably a playoff team last year if Cassel was the starter.

Who says that? Cassel wasnt going to lead us to the playoffs. This D was way too terrible to make a run in January. WOW GURU, youre reaching there.

Cassel man-crush alert! Cassel man-crush alert!

Quote:

Free agent DT Henry Melton will visit the Vikings on Thursday.

To date, Melton had only been linked to the Cowboys, but it appears Big D won't even be his first visit. With DT Kevin Williams expected to move on in free agency, Melton would slide right in along the Vikings' 4-3 line.