• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dilemma

lungdeflator

I'm close to buying a used wheeler but can't decide which one.

Both are honda foremans ES basically the same machine.

The 2012 has winch and new rims and tires. Right at 2000 miles. 6450$

The 2008 has winch, plow, and new rims and tires. Right around 2400 miles. 5000$

As far as I can tell there's only body styling differences between the years?

I'm leaning towards the 2008.....

Not sure when they started doing it, but if you can start it in gear (maybe have brake pulled in?) is better than my 03 which requires you to be in N in order to start it. Minor thing, but I wish mine could start in gear.

It really ends at basically! The 2008 is a carbureted, oil cooled ATV and the 2012 is a fuel injected, liquid cooled unit. Nothing wrong with the 2008 at all, (I had over 10,000 miles on my last Foreman) but the 2012 is definitely a step up. Depending on what kind of use you plan for it the 2012 has 6 more Hp, more torque, far better splash protection and I think a more comfortable seat and ride in general. It also has a tighter turning radius and a lighter steering effort.

In my opinion, after having both there is no comparison and no question I would go for the 2012.

I also believe the resale would be better on the fuel injected model.

Not sure when they started doing it, but if you can start it in gear (maybe have brake pulled in?) is better than my 03 which requires you to be in N in order to start it. Minor thing, but I wish mine could start in gear.

It can be made to.... wink

There are several threads on the Honda Foreman forums that tell how to do it.

I'm not big on Polaris but for 6500 you can get a brand new 800 sportsman with the $1000 rebate. Pretty tough deal to beat. Buddy just got one yesterday, I tried talking him into something else. But I rode it and it sure seems like a nice machine. He got the dealer to throw in a hitch and something else on the back rack.

I thought it seemed a bit high too but with tax included it's not too far out of line depending on what tires it has, fancy upgrades or just new stock tires. Part of the problem is there are not too many newer model used ones around to choose from.

I did see that there is a brand-new 2013 Foreman ES (in Ohio) on the popular bidding site for 5999! That would be a steal with no tax (if that is how they handle it) but then shipping would add to the price.