• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

S metro internet options?

Alagnak

I have had frontier for 2 years with no issues until recently when the wireless would go out and I would have to repower the router and after that nothing at all. I've been bee essed now for 4 days in a row on the phone that someone would be here to fix the non existent service we've had for a week. The first day I was dumb enough to wait at my house during the 10am - 2 pm window they said they'd be here. Call at night, same lie 'be there after 5 tomorrow'. Finally on the 4th night I wait on hold for a supervisor who I was told can cancel my service- another lie. He said he couldn't and I'd have to call back to different branch and they can't transfer me lol. Guess I'm lucky I don't work from home that much.

Who should I use for service?

I'm not sure who provides cable TV around there, but if it's comcast, I'd go with their internet (they call it xfinity). They have teaser rates (30 bucks for the first 6 months, 45 for the next 6 months, etc), then it hikes up quite a bit to like 65 after the first year -- but you can usually call and get back on the teaser rate if you threaten to cancel. I've been using them for several years now both in Carver and Eden Prairie (but again, not sure if they go down your way) and been very happy. Can't remember the last outage, even of a few hours -- let alone a week.

Well they WILL sell you just internet but it cost JUST less than if you 'bundle' a bunch or dump I don't want/need which is starting to look like what I have to do. I just want internet for a fair price 50-60 bucks? Not 125 bucks worth of nonsense.

You see so many advertisements for services but yet when you call them all none of them are in your zone/area.

Frontier has to be one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with. They lie, one person tells you one thing, then the next time someone else tells you another. Then they actually tell you that you are lying that anyone told you that. Very frustrating. Out of the first year of my contract, they told me I was getting 20mb, then after getting 1.5 down, they tell me that it says "up to 20mb" that doesnt mean I will get 20mb. So they say 20mb, and I actually get 1.5mb. So I complain, and say if I am only getting 1.5, I am not going to pay for 20. I need much faster then that, and 1.5 wont work, well after 3 months, and they finally get me up to 7mb, and still charging me for 20. SO I tell them to drop me to the 7mb price, then my internet drops to .5 mb. They say that 7mb is my max, so I need to get the max package, that is $99 per month. So the 7mb plan I only get .5, but that one was $59 per month. Well after a year of putting up with that dump, I ask them how much to get out of my contract, they tell me $175, so I switch to Mediacom, because Mediacom said they would cover up to $300 early disconnection fees. So I cancel and switch, I et a $600 disconnection fee. I call and said, they said it was $175, they told me, that they dont show anything about $175, that I need to pay $600. Bottom line, the screwed me for a year, then after I had enough of them, they decided they needed to screw me more.

I'm far from you but I have Charter. My internet is about $50/mo in my bundle of stuff. Probably $10 more or something like that with no bundle. Of course there will be some taxes on that too.

Rated speed is 30Mbps down, 4 up, and I get that consistently on long downloads. For short downloads they have this speed boost thing where you can routinely see ~60Mbps, sometimes more, for a short time.

2479907191.png

Rumor has it they're going to raise the rated download speed to 60Mbps.

I'm far from you but I have Charter. My internet is about $50/mo in my bundle of stuff. Probably $10 more or something like that with no bundle. Of course there will be some taxes on that too.

The strange thing is, with comcast, if you are just getting internet there is no tax. No fees, no random additions. Just the stated price. But I think if you add TV or phone you get all kinds of FCC this or that fee, state taxes, federal taxes, 911 charges, etc. So, if it's only $10 less to bundle, you may see a big chunk of that $10 savings get eaten by taxes (in addition to the cost of the other services you're bundling with).

Yes, unfortunately my only other option is Mediacom in Henderson, and they arent very reliable either. I have a server running here for work, and it needs to have consistent internet. Well, Mediacom cuts out a split second every hour or so, and it will log my server out. Then I need to go re log it back in. I am at the point I am going to have to pay to have it on the cloud. I have talked with other businesses in Henderson, and they have the same issue as I do. Frontier is consistent, but slow, Mediacom is fast, but inconsistent. This is were it would have been great to have fiber optic, great speed, and always consistent.

The way I figure it is, I will have to pay about $99 a month to store and access my data from the cloud, and pay $79 a month for internet at home. Along with long uploading times for new data to install on the cloud. It is so frustrating, it is almost the breaking point of leaving Henderson.

I agree with these guys. Frontier Sucks in every way. Mainly because they under pay their front line employees and you get what you pay for. Kind of stinks Frontier is the dominent Phone company in the south metro and they are ran the way they are ran. I work in the industry and if you would like to PM me your address I will run a test and see if I can get you taken care of and have someone call you. Another true fact stated above is that if you go with stand alone (internet only) you don’t pay all the FCC charges but you overpay for the Internet service so most times you’re not saving anything buy going with Internet only.

Well after a week of getting lied to every day about someone coming out and fixing it and then having nobody show up- a guy was there yesterday when i got home and was blowing snow. He said nothing was wrong with the line in (like the last guys blamed it on) and replaced the router with one with antennas and said "this is the one I have in my house" and "they should have put this one in when you started having problems a month ago". So we'll see. This IS the last try. I won't call for service next time just cancellation.

Hate to go back to Charter bundled of dump for $100 but they got you by the balls and doesn't look like too many other options.

Hate to go back to Charter bundled of dump for $100 but they got you by the balls and doesn't look like too many other options.

You should be able to get internet only for a bit more than 1/2 that. Maybe even half of the half for a new customer. Have you actually called them to ask about price?

Not recently. I'll try again. Last time it was basically so much for phone/internet (I don't want/use phone) that you might as well do the bundle. They make is such a crappy high priced option so you get sucked into the bundle.

Charter is advertising 29.95 for what looks like internet only for the first 12 months. Couldn't find the fine print or the after 12 month price. They hide it pretty well.

Yeah, that's why I was a little snippy with the suggestion to actually call. Their HSOforum sucks for trying to find details of pricing, if it's even there at all.