• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well, BestBuy just made my sh%t list.

Order a product that had a great sale price this Dec. Catch was, a few other places had this item on sale for the same price but bought it at best buy cause their from MN. Why not right? When I clicked to cart, the item was backorderable, not out of stock...even gave me a delivery date. Fine, no rush on product, I can wait until mid Jan.

Weeks after order got multiple emails saying product was expected around the end of Jan. Then, one day I get an email saying if it's not shipped by the 24th, my order is canceled. Wait, what? Called them today and they said they won't have the product within the next week or so and my order is dead.

[PoorWordUsage]...so I look online and of course I can't find anymore deals, not even close to the price. I gave them a piece of my mind after talking politely with them and getting now where. Basically screwed me out of $100.

Here's why I'm really upset. Product is still for sale on their HSOforum but at a much higher price. I bet in a few weeks they'll have plenty, but my order, and many others will be canceled at the cheap sale price. And they won't honor that sale price after my order is dead...and of course they came up with the time when they kill an order.

Similar scenario with a good company, Cabelas. I have a sale item on backorder that's been 3 months and they will honor it once the product because available again...as they'll be stocking it. I wouldn't be too upset with BestBuy if the item was no longer available... But it is availabe and will be stocked soon.

Just sucks and should have bought it from Amazon for the same price back in Dec. Lesson learned. Never buying from them again.

I feel your pain, except my story of same/similar is with Amazon. Took my order, sent me expected shipping and arrival dates (which came and went). Day after the projected delivery date I got an email saying my order was cancelled.

Really, took a week-n-half to figure out you didn't have the item?

Hopefully Best Buy doesn't do something similar with the TV I ordered this AM...

Congratulations, you are planning to exercise one of your most important rights and powers-the right and ability to refuse to do business with somebody. The other is the power and the right to choose who will manage your town, state and nation.

NEVER, ever...feel like a powerless nobody. You HAVE power. Use it and remind others.

Do you still have documentation of all parts of this transaction? Did they accept payment for the item? If, yes and yes, I'd maybe think about talking with someone at the Better Business Bureau or a state consumer protection agency. It sounds like they have entered into a legal contract and I'd be curious how they can simply break it. Please let us know how this turns out if you pursue the issue.

It sounds like they have entered into a legal contract and I'd be curious how they can simply break it. Please let us know how this turns out if you pursue the issue.

Uhhhh...by giving your money back, if they even took it at all.

In my case, while I have an order confirmation, they have not yet taken my money so technically I haven't bought anything yet.

Do you still have documentation of all parts of this transaction? Did they accept payment for the item? If, yes and yes, I'd maybe think about talking with someone at the Better Business Bureau or a state consumer protection agency. It sounds like they have entered into a legal contract and I'd be curious how they can simply break it. Please let us know how this turns out if you pursue the issue.

BBB is a membership organization (like PETA) with zero legal authority. Many people are unaware of this.

I had a similar situation with Amazon on Black Friday. At first I was a bit annoyed, but I found it (on Amazon) for 20% less a few days later.

No they did not "charge" my account yet. They wait until its shipped. I did email CS and they are sending me a $25 gift card...not quit the $100 I would have saved.

Anyways, after reaching the end of the internet I found a "descent" price. I'm going to spend my gift card at bestbuy for a $25 gift card for iTunes...just so I don't give them any buisness.

Again, I certainly understand your frustration, but there isn't really anything like savings or profit until it's locked in.

For example, I have a really nice number in my 401K. However, it could be gone tomorrow because it's not locked in until I cash out.

Again, I certainly understand your frustration, but there isn't really anything like savings or profit until it's locked in.

For example, I have a really nice number in my 401K. However, it could be gone tomorrow because it's not locked in until I cash out.

Yeah...not quite the same. I'm not investing in this product, I'm buying it. Go buy a truck for an agreed upon value of $40k, dealer says it will be in in two weeks. Two weeks later he says sorry, didn't come in. But, in two more weeks we'll have them back in stock but now it'll cost you $50k. Guessing you'd be a little upset. Especially if you had a contract with them...which I feel I did when I placed that item in my cart, used my card to order it, and received a confirmation number.

Either way, I won't do business with best buy for quite awhile.

The difference here is that you by your own statements did not have a contract, no consideration was given by both sides. Usually for small dollar retail the contract is not finalized until you pay and they give you a product.

Now if Best Buy would have charged your card for the purchase or even part of the purchase you would have the same situation as your example for the truck. A car dealer is going to want some money to complete the deal, this can be a s little as a dollar and once it is tendered you have a contract.

I gave them my credit card to process when I finalized my transaction..."they" chose not to process it until the item sent...

If I bought a car from someone and gave him the check, I crashed it before he processed the check, I could return it?

Its getting silly now so I'll stop. And my mind is made up.

Especially if you had a contract with them...which I feel I did when I placed that item in my cart, used my card to order it, and received a confirmation number.

Like I said, I'd be [PoorWordUsage] too at the outcome, but you didn't have a contract...

So Cablela's = Good, Best Buy = Bad? Google Best Buy Board of Advisors and you will see that the CEO of Cablea's sit on the Board of Advisors for Best Buy. You'd be surprised how many of these fat cats sit on other company's boards. It's almost like all major companies are run but he same large fraternity of executives.

I frequent both stores. Most of the time I've had great experiences, but with the big box stores, you're bound to have this happen form time-to-time. To many systems, vendors and people--things just sometimes don't work and you get the drop-out at the help desk who doesn't care.

I applaud loudly at your decision not to do business with a company that you believe has treated you poorly. I personally have never had a problem with Best Buy (never used their on-line though, always in store) but dang-nab-it if you feel like you have not been treated with excellence, you do not need to do business with them again. I do not know what you ordered but, 99 times out of 100, there is another store willing to sell it to you and treat you well doing so. Well done sir/madam, well done.