• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How big a paddle can I go...

Meat-Run

pretty sure they are the same chassie as the rmk so it should fit a 2" under it

I had a 00 gen 2 600 stretched to a 144x2" I had to run different smaller drivers and notch the track for the heat exchangers

Are you planning to use it only for powder? If not you really don't want to go more than 1.75 .

Any more, and running hot on groomed trails can/will become an issue.

Even going from 1.25 up to 1.75 will make a huge difference and still give you the ability to use it on trails.

And yes, taller lugs will generally give you more weight unless you go to a high priced track or modify the one you get by taking out more windows.

There are other things to consider with putting on a taller lug like gearing, clutching and possibly motor mods to get the power to spin it.

50/50 use will damage track and hurt the motor. Cutting out windows helps but then you are taking some risk on over heating as the heat exchangers won't be getting enough snow to cool things off. 2c

I run a m series with a 153x2.25 track here and have no issues overheating at all!!! IMO once you go to a bigger 1.75+ lug throw on a set of ice scratchers and when trail riding on hard pack flip them down keeps the slides cool and snow kicking up into the coolers

I would never go back to a trail only sled or a short lug track because off trail is so much more fun change it and let her rip !

as far as power I wouldn't worry about it a broke buddy of mine stretched a indy 500 to 144 and the sled did just fine outwest not gonna set any speed records but it spun the track just fine

the weight difference will most likely be a wash considering the old 1.5 and is studded and the new one wont be studded... just take'er easy until you get use to not having the studs and having bigger paddles it can get a little hairy in the corners

Crix,

cool, thx for sharing your experience. Theres a couple other riding buddys that have 2" paddle tracks on a extended 136" and never asked them if they have any heating issues but I can tell you you don't want to ride to close behind him it sure throughs the snow/rocks.

One concern I have is do I have to clip the track in order to fit under the tunnel from the tunnel protectors?

MR