• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gloves

Remi

My wife has been using a pair this winter, and so far she's been pretty happy. We've had extraordinarily cold weather this winter, so it's been a good season to test your cold weather gear.

Also bought her a pair of Thermacell insoles and she's had toasty feet with every sled ride thus far.

My wife has what is known as Reynauds Syndrome, which causes her hands and feet to get super cold, really fast, and it takes forever to get them warmed back up. Really good quality gloves, socks and boots are the only way she can enjoy winter.

The Arctic Armour gloves have worked well for her, but the hand-warmers and thumb warmer on the sled are priceless as well.

Reima gloves...

They are expensive (around $80.00) but they last.

Assuming you have adjustable hand and thumb warmers they are never too hot or too cold.

pr-Outdoor_Apparel-Reima_Warrior_Gauntle

Update:

I guess I've had my Reima gloves for longer than I thought.

They have since been bought out by Scott.

finn_ice.jpg

Update: I tried out my new Striker Heavy Gloves and they rank right up there with any glove I have used. I guess theres a lot of options.

I know Ripstick is running some handle bar "Booties" on his sled and they keep his hands super warm. Thats my next purchase.

I have a pair of Klim Klimate Gloves and I love them. Gore-Tex, 200 grams of Thinsulate. The keep my hands warm even on some pretty cold rides. There's even a little squeegee on the left index finger to clear your goggles or shield. I think they go for $70 - $75.

I also have a pair of Cabela's Gore-Tex XCR Pinnacle Gloves that I bought on sale for $45 that I think would work just as well. If you can get a pair of those at the same or similar price I think that would be a steal for gloves of that caliber.