• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Grinch...I mean Lab got into the ornaments off the tree..

walleye18

So...just got home from a business trip.

Wife just told me one of my labs walked up to the Christmas tree and grabbed an ornament - started crunching it in his mouth. This happened on Monday night and she forgot to tell me all about it till today.

Wife got him o drop it and started playing the puzzle game (piecing it all together and see if there was missing parts).

And yes, she said there was a void of pieces from the ornament - about half the size of a dime.

Crazy dog! I think he'll be fine. Hope so. Going to ND after Christmas chasing ditch parrots till the end of the year.

Anybody out there have their crazy dogs do anything to the Christmas decorations?

My dog grabs one from time to time but he goes after all the soft ones. We have a few that to him probably look like his stuffed toys. Rarely does he grab something and destroy it. Mostly he just carries it around until someone notices. Its mostly an attention thing for him. We have a 7th month old baby at home so he's not the center of the world any more and he likes to remind us from time to time.

My just turned one year old lab has destroyed at least 5 in the last week frown The last one was about 2 hours ago, heard the pop from my office! Some cloth ones, plastic and now the shattering type. It gets even worse when the cat dives under the tree skirt and she decides to pounce on top! Needles are falling, ornaments are falling, all h... breaking loose. The tree is coming down right after Christmas and I just put it up a week ago!

My old labs could care less any more about the tree, however the young lab Duncan tries to sneak things off the tree anytime he thinks no one is looking. We have always put the token ornaments on the bottom third of the tree and any thing breakable up high. Have not had tinsel on trees for several years as we would find it hanging off the dogs and all over the house. Grand kids first job when ever they come to visit this time of the year is to go behind my desk and retrieve all the things Duncan hides there, you can add Christmas ornaments to the stolen licked clean cat food cans!

My wife woke me up one morning in a panic telling me the dog killed something and there is black fur everywhere in the house. I rolled over and went back to sleep after telling her not to worry it was just a bear. I hated going out to see what was left of my bear rug. I love labs, but man some days. My dog's other favorite pass was chewing up danner and redwing boots. Also chewed all the exposed wires off my boat trailer 3 times.