• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone own one and what do you think? I currently hunt in the rifle zone but I have the itch for a new Slug gun. What do others think of this gun? What are some of the best performing slugs out of this gun as well? Thanks

Personally I would buy the savage 220 instead. great gun even in a rifle zone, not saying that the 212 is bad or the wrong gun ,but I know a few that have the 220 and they have a hard tie putting it down, oh and one of them started with the 212.

After 3 years of hemming and hawing, there will be savage 220 in my safe by next week. Bought it online for $514. Comes with gun case, 3-9x40 bushnell Trophy XLT DOA scope, one piece DNZ mount and rings, and 9 boxes of shells. Total package valued at about $800.

I will be putting the Burris3-9x40 scope from my 7mm on it and putting the bushnell on my rifle. My rifle never gets used.

Santa brought me a 220 with a Leopold 2x7 shotgun scope. I finally got out to shoot it and was impressed. The nice trigger and reduced recoil made the gun much more pleasant to shoot than my 12 ga 870. I don't consider my self real good at shooting tight groups but I managed to shoot a 4 shot group of about 1.5" at 100yds off of sandbags with the Hornady SST slugs. I think I will stick with those. When the right day comes along I will back off to 200 yds and give that a try.