• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So all this snow, and no banter :)

BoxMN

Where are all the yippies!!!?!!!! I have reports of 10-12" on the ground from friends in Crosslake, with another 8-10" maybe on the way!

My sleds will be out Friday night in Crosslake! Just made sure they were greased good a few weeks ago, one is running, the others I didn't fire up yet. I gotta get my stickers this week for one, and I should be good to go!

(Down side is the ice had a good start, now we have to figure how to best get our 12x14 shack out there without submerging it in slush. Probably will wait a couple weeks till my next time up there...)

Box,

just got back from jacking up my fish house since the lake is flooding horribly with 1-2" of water already...UGH! Then stopped by and got tabs for sled and just realized when I got home I forgot oil...duh!!! Should have done this in November when it wasn't snowing and going to be -5 this weekend. I'm sitting here in Brainerd and it's close to 10" on the high end but the groomers should start up tonight before the cold snap settles in. Plan to get in a short run tonight if groomer goes by.

MR

F5 is out right now with the youngest boy tearing up the fresh powder. The other 2 will be out tomorrow after I get all the snow cleared out of our place. Great night to ride! On second thought, might just leave the snow removal till tomorrow. whistle

I've been YIPPIE'n for the last couple days but all I get are dirty looks, so I gotta come here to yippie with my snowmobile friends! grin

I think with the way the forecasters have been doing their job the last couple years, forecasting 14" and getting 2, people tempered their excitement some.

I moved the sleds out of storage last weekend, we've narrowed our first trip out west to a couple of dates in early January and the snow is stacking up around home....... life is good!

Mike

What you getting Leech?

MR

Hopefully a 2005 Arctic Cat Pantera 550 Touring. I have only had fan sleds for ice fishing but hopefully it will not be an issue if I try and stay off the bare ice. And, with the 80hp I may even stay up with you and Mac this year "a little bit better"! grin

Well, that is good info. I'm guessing the gates will be open by this weekend. Grooming that requires swamp crossing will have to wait I'm sure. Lots of water under the snow.

Ran out on Whipple last night from the landing to the beach and it was water the whole way. Also noticed somebody ran on the little swamp over by 210 and 48 and the tracks were all frozen water this am. I'm sure the smaller lakes are fine close to shore you just don't want to have issues and have to stop or you will get wet.

Hoping H371 and H210 get groomed soon. We are planning to run down to the Fort on Saturday for a burger.

MNUser

you live real close to me we should ride this winter some time? I live south of town on old 371 I have the St Mathias trail starts right outside my back door. We usually do the loop: home-saint bar- fort-crow wing state park- back home, it's a great trip after the kiddos go to bed during the week. PM if you want to plan something after the trails get smoothed out?

MR

Redline, I am not on the chain, just a little lake nearby. I usually don't get out there until riding the sled and passing over, so not much help for you right now. I'll go out there once I see the "highways" have been used wink

Meat-Run,

Sounds like a plan. My son is working at FF now and is working both Saturday and Sundays. Kinda a bummer for riding. I'm hoping he is able to change that once Christmas is over so he can ride at least one weekend day.

Just PM me your cell number and I will text you. I like those trials down by you. I have ridden them a lot. I go up to Ernies once and while but that area can get really busy.

Meat Run The St.Mathias Bar is closed closed in June There has been talks of a few buyer just nothing in stone yet.

Yeah I know it's closed it was one of our quick stops in our weekly trips. Wish someone would build again its a great out of the way spot. Went for a quick 35 mile ride and snow in the ditches are great and the woods will be perfect if a groomer can get on them before the weekend. MNuser if it wasn't going to be so cold I would try to do something this weekend maybe next week, PM sent back.

MR

No real reviews yet. Only has 12 miles on it. I can tell it is going to handle a lot better than the '08 Nytro we had. Should be fun. The Ski Doo is a blast to ride. That thing is just a really nice and refined sled. It is a like riding in a caddy. Love that thing!