• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Injured Lab - no balance

Jaspernuts

Took my dog to go pheasant hunting on Wed - she got out of the car and hit a fence 8 feet away from the car. She has no balance any more and "high steps" when she walks. When she looks at you her head bounces like she has vertigo. Took to the vet and she has no sign of injury or pain. Im guessing a neck or back injury. Told to rest her for a few days and see what happens. Any of you out there ever experience this?

years ago we got home from the cabin and when we let the dogs out I remembered that the doggie door going from our backyard into the mudroom still had the metal security door on it. I ran into the house to remove it and as I did my lab attempted to come barreling into the house through the doggie door. He banged his head hard on the safety door.

Next day when I woke up he walked like a drunken sailor to the front door, walked outside and fell down. I took him in and the vet figured he had a concussion but since concussions are even hard to diagnose in people he didn't know for sure. We just had him lay low for a while and he snapped back. Brain rest is the key, if that is your dogs problem too.

Dog was 75% on thursday doing well and now cannot even walk. Her neck muscles are doing the spasm thing Dr Juice. What does that mean? Got worse after she went off anti inflammatory meds. Now its not a balance issue, she has no control of her legs. She can lift her head and the tail wags, but cannot get up.

Wow, what a rollercoaster. Took her up to the cities for a nuerologist. They though probable broken or slipped vertebrea causing pressure on the spine and after confirmation with MRI, recovery looked good. Called last night and MRI shows normal, but white blood cell count high on spinal tap. Now they suspect maybe cancer,or meningitis but not sure. Its just weird that she showed no symtoms of disease until this hit, but now they suspect disease. I will get another call by noon hopefully with a diagnosis, but not looking good for Jewel.