• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Injured Lab - no balance

Jaspernuts

They still do not have a diagnosis, waiting on more tests. They think its some kind of menengitis and have started medication. They did let her come home today, but she cannot walk and is pretty thin. She has improved a little since monday. It will be a long road if she makes it. Go Jewel!

Well here is what is seems like to me. Your pooch got a head and neck injury (from what you stated caused the chain of events), her body began to send a bunch of unnatural signals compensating for every mis-fire she had. How is there nothing wrong with the spine if they think its meningitis? How does one get meningitis from an injury? Her nervous system is so out of whack no medication is going to fix her, the places you are visiting have no idea how to identify the issue because it is most likely nothing that will appear on any sort of imaging. Why? because its neurological. She needs to be reset and reprogrammed back to the way neurological communication was sent and received before. They cant run any tests either because she can not move. Youre in a tough spot and I seriously hope your dog pulls through, but if its been this long and nobody can figure it out dont rely on them to fix her. PM me. I may have a solution.

My dog likes to run under the pool fence in the back yard at full speed. One time he tried to make it under the chain link too close to one of the poles. Buckled him right up, it was scary, very similar symptoms to what you are describing. He's alive and happy today with zero limitations.

She has improved a lot over the weekend. Sits up normally instead of laying on her side. Eats like a horse. She can support her weight if I help her up, but cant walk yet. Will try to get up and flops forward with her back legs. All good signs. Might try to get her on a water treadmill or something to help the walking thing along.

Jewel is now up and walking around and can go outside and do her business without any help. Her balance is not good, but seems to slowly be improving. Still kind of walks around like a drunk! All tests came back negative so the diagnois was some type of autoimmune menengitis.

were the dogs eyes ever jetting back and forth? it sounds like vestibular disease. the bump on the head might have been coincidental. I have a dog with vestibular disease right now, it is scary to watch but in most dogs it does go away. they had him on rimidahl which is a anti inflammatory for 2 months.

Good way to end off the year, with good report on your dog. A guy never knows eh? Have been through a couple tough ones myself and it is never pleasant. We all hope Jewel sees nothing but bright skies in the weeks to come.

HAPPY new year.